Dillinger Grave Photo

Same guy is selling ones of Colt Chopper for $5.99. Says great for your bathroom or garage ?

No , I don't think Neal copyrighted these, or could. He owned the original mold that was done on JD's body, but sold that years ago, to a collector in England. . I had a copy made from the original mold at one time, NC&P museum owns it now.

There are quite a few copies floating around now, the early ones from the original mold are the most valuable.

I've had so many things, lifted from my old collection, it's crazy. Usually I'm given credit but a lot of the times not, in a lot of the outlaw books. ( John Dillinger Historical Society )

Neal & I were at a Dillinger function in Chicago in 1988, to raise money for MS. They had blocked off the street in front of the Biograph for about a block. Neal loaned me a 1921a Thompson for pretty much the day, was walking all over the place in front of the Biograph with a live Thompson, talking to cops and all- Think you could do that today !

OCM

I'm always amused by the internet thing and people complaining about free stuff. The best one was when photobucket started charging money to use their service vs. relying on selling personal data as a profit source. If you put ANYTHING on to a computer or device you have effectively surrendered all rights to your privacy and content. If it's a photo in your home behind drapes it's private, anything else is out there for public consumption and distribution. Private parties, the gov., other foreign govs., computer and software companies all have access to your devices and can and will exploit it at some point either carelessly, maliciously, or mistakenly.

Watermarks are fairly easy to remove for those in the trade. Infringement of your data once online is not actually punishable since there is no one to enforce punishment, and fewer that are willing to. You hung your clothes out overnight on the busy street corner 100 miles away in the hood, and when you came back in the morning your laundry was missing? And your shocked.....like the woman in NY who put classified data on a server in a closet in Colorado with no encryption and didn't think anyone else could see it? And then use it as collateral in a bribery scheme?

OCM was there in Chi-town for the same show with Helmer we went across the street to the red lion or whatever that bar was. you probably shook my hand and said Hell-o and never knew it Richard Crow "Ghost Hunter and a number of others had been there. besides Capones Vaults and the Dillinger days... Bill did one in Choco late for me sold it to the guy who owned Dillinger hot dog stand he said he would put it on display. My original D.D.M. sold at SAR show a few years back. My entire collection scattered across the four winds. I Don't worry about it now others enjoy it.And I did when I had it all. find a copy of Quotable Capone they have been hard to find lately or The Dillinger and Capone coffee mugs and the T-shirts I did for "Here's Chicago" At Water Tower. yeah the 80's and 90's real fun times.. Colt 21A Ron

Wow, Ron, I was staying with Bill at the time, was there for about 3 days for the Dillinger's Night at the Biograph event. They ran Manhattan Melodrama at the Biograph for the crowd. I was one of the judges for the Lady in Red Look-a-like thing and had donated something. Yes, I remember a bunch of us, maybe 8 or so eating out together. I still got flyers from the event. Joe Pinkston was there with his wife, Neal, Bill , me and the guy that put it on, can't remember his name off hand. Tom something-

Small world- Probably have you in a picture I took of the group, in the Biograph lobby or the Red Lion..........

PM me if you want, we've emailed before on Bill's contact- Still have some event pictures I think.

Better stop here going to get busted on this area, over to the Outlaws & Lawmen area or PM.

death mask big.png

Lady in red shop was selling items I had at the time. That was when Bill later showed me his cased green interior 1921. Crazy me offered to buy it at the time. Since I was buying anything Thompson or gangster related.

Crawley and Cindy are two names that come to mind and the owner of Tommy guns garage. The Merry Gangsters was the groups name.Meet every other week or so at some Chicago haunts.And John Drummond at a few and the Mafia Princess A. Giancana

I miss Joe from Indiana a great man.

Always a Feb 14 meeting was good out of the parking lot dark, cold, heavy snow. warming up the Lincoln for a slow ride home

When I started Chicago Typewriter Company I figured it would go on for years.. after I moved to Tucson.. should have went western stars and cowboy hats. as Pierpont Things ain't workin out for me today, ha ha

The youngins today have no idea of all that fun.

Colt21A Ron

I was going to ask about this mask. It is only about 20 miles or less from me. Now, to find out who it is in the smoking pipe business out there.

HA! HA! I sent off a "pleasant" email to the plaque lady.

New message from: plaquelady iconTopRatedSeller_19x18.png(3,131iconRedStar_25x25.gif)
I will remove the item. I have never been to your website. I will also make an attempt to contact the source this was received from.

Your previous message

I have sent this to your other eBay account as well:

This photo has been taken from my website www.mikesmachineguns.com
All photos are property of mikesmachineguns.com and Mike Hensley and clearly marked on my website. I will ask kindly that you cease and persist from ALL sales of any and ALL photos from www.mikesmachineguns.com or any associated website thereof immediately.

Thank you,
Mike Hensley
www.mikesmachineguns.com

At least on the Dillinger death mask she has it listed as 3rd generation now. Means a copy of a copy of a copy. Once you have a mold, you can make 1000 of them..about $1.50 worth of plaster of Paris. Doubt most people won't know what 3rd generation is.

As Johnson41 says, if it hits the web, it's open to anyone, like this plaque Lady ( who I thought was a Dentist ) .

I gave up trying to police this stuff years ago. Most of my stuff in the outlaw books, I've given the OK for and/or was given credit, some not.

Glad you got that resolved FullAuto45 .

Dillinger family used to sue the hell out of stuff like this, they've calmed down considerably these days

OCM

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Usually clarity of the image, detail. This gets lost with each generation. Guy in Australia had one of the originals from the original molds.

Mine you could even see some of the old suture scars from his plastic surgery and some skin detailing like the pores. Very clear. Nothing on the back.