Shotgun Ammunition

Id like to find a few shells that are representative of what was issued with combat shot guns in World War I or World War II. Is there anything that I should look for? I think having a few vintage paper cartridges with the piece would make a good display.

My World War I M1897

8vpnFkV.jpg

• Upvote 1

Id really like to find some paper cartridge #00 buck. Did the military have any specific contracts that they used or did it all come from anything that was available off the shelf? I saw some boxes that were marked US Property that appears to be just regular commercial ammo from the period.

I think a lot of the Contracts for 00 Buck paper cartridges were just the regular packaging marked U.S.Property. I do have a box of Winchester 8 shot paper hulled training ammunition that has the more military looking brown carton with lot numbers.

pix350483838.jpg

What's the best way to identify brass shells that were ww2 military issue and not civilian? Been looking to pick up some empties for display.

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up some paper #00 buck in US Property marked boxes a couple days ago. Pretty excited.

I didnt take much time to set up a nice shot, maybe in a couple days Ill get to it, but heres a quick picture with the new ammo.

RZQwg0m.jpg

• 2 weeks later...