What Have I Done?

Last night, my WH 28, with buttstock removed, fell off a cabinet onto a tile floor -- about a 3 ft. drop. Today the action stuck. The bolt will not close fully -- it stops about 3/4 inch from the closed position. It will only go back about 1" , so I'm stuck -- I can't remove the bolt because the buffer pilot is too long to be removed. Can't find any visible signs of damage, but I'm really stuck! Any ideas would really be appreciated. Thanks.

Gunner, http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

Wow...sorry to hear that. Sounds like something must have been bent. Do you have any idea what attitude it was at when it impacted? Are there any marks on the gun from the fall and if so where. May help narrow it down.

Damon

QUOTE (TommyGunner @ Apr 26 2005, 06:19 PM)
Gunner, :o

Wow...sorry to hear that. Sounds like something must have been bent. Do you have any idea what attitude it was at when it impacted? Are there any marks on the gun from the fall and if so where. May help narrow it down.

Damon

[Do you have any idea what attitude it was at when it impacted?]

Well, I'm no sickologist, but I'd guess the '28's attitude was "I'm about to be Kahr'd!"

Seriously, bummer, man. Hope no big damage was done.

I cannot imagine a 3 foot fall doing anthing to the receiver on a tsmg... There is some serious steel there and I'm guessing not to prone to tweaking.... Something inside was forced where is shouldn't be perhaps?

I checked the receiver with a straight edge, and I couldn't find any problems -- but then I'm not sure how good an eye I have. Z3, I also have a hard time imaging that I bent the receiver. I wonder I messed up the Blish lock?

I strongly doubt a small drop of 3 feet would do any damage to the receiver.... even a WH. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

A quick swap of the internals would tell you for sure.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Oh, and shame on you for letting your baby fall. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Success. I thought I had tried everything to get her unstuck, but this time I held the receiver right side up and just jiggled the actuator handle every way I could. Due to gravit, I guess, the bolt dislodged and tried to fall out. I turned the receiver back over and found the bolt about 1/4 the way out, and the recoild spring curled up and around the inside of the receiver.

I've inspected the innards, and can't find any damage, other than some unsual wear marks on the bottom side of the actuatior, where it appears to have rubbed up against the roof of the bolt.

Not sure what had happened and I have not taken enough of a look at the bolt and receiver, but could it be possible that the extractor may have somehow come out a bit upon that impact of the fall? If that might have happened and I'm not sure it could have, but that could have jamed the bolt to some extent as well.

Now, having replaced a few of the extractors it's not that easy to disloge those things. So, may be it was the Blish that was somehow moved into a position that gave you your problem.