thomp1.jpg 38.93K 50 downloadsI've started a series of mods to my 27A1 to add a more original look and functions.
1..Change out the original barrel with a Green Mt finned 14"+ and add the compensator. Turns out Kahr presses these on so I had to make a threaded adapter to screw on and weld the compensator to bring the l length to 16".
2. Next add one of my stock adapters to the lower.
3. Make a EZ take down button so the stock removes without tools.
4. Install EZ pull springs and buffer.
5. Drill holes for 28 style selector switch and make a selector that also functions as a bolt hold open to eliminate the "third hand" when inserting a drum. It also entails making a whole new pawl that is controlled by the selctor. and modyfing other parts to accomodate the new switch.
6. Checker the stock slide latch button..
My next step will be to weld the adapter seam and screw holes then machine back to the grip area and recontour. Welding is tricky on these frames as they will warp if too much heat is applied to any one area.
I am also considering milling the frame to match the 1928 where the stock slide almost touche the frame and then adding an original 28 grip complete with locating rib.