28 Colt Parts Kit $6,000

Devlin,

Is that why you decided to reside in a state that already imposes these Draconian laws against civilian NFA ownership in order that you would never be tempted into such folly? Caution is always the by word of gun owners when there is any mention of government regulation. But why are the most paranoid defenders of the 2nd Amendment, who squawk like "chicken Little" of government confiscation of full auto weapons, the most strident by those who do not even posses them?

Those who rationalize that because the ATF has personal information about who NFA owners are and where the weapons are located, that the day of reckoning where wholesale confiscation (with the added cherry on top being no reimbursement of market value) is not only an irresistible lure for the government, but that it is immanent, are no doubt using The Da Vinci Code to establish this exact date of perfidy.

Conceivably,, the collector who owns 25 or 30 NFA items purchased 20-30 years ago when prices where relatively "cheap," would be out the same investment as the guy who recently purchased 3 or 4 full auto weapons today. No bout the collector who dared commit any revenue to his hobby a quarter of a century ago was plagued by the same vitriolic warnings of invariably throwing their money down a rat hole since confiscation was only a matter of time.

Now that these NFA items have swelled in value, confiscation must already be in the works. Seems these scenarios should be told around a campfire in Dudelytown, Connecticut for greatest effect.

paperwork,confiscation,secret agent's,da- vanchi,furra roar-ri, and nostrodamus can't take them away from us all............

only one thing can do that!! DEATH!

so sell all the part's gun's and whatever you can get and have fun.....the clock tick's....

so enjoy it all............before the hammer drop's.

or the reaper sweep's...that long cold hand..............

take care,ron

All investments come with risk. Stocks, gold, silver, even buying land can be very risky. When your land value goes up what does the government do? They raise your property taxes! They can regulate the value out of your land overnight, just ask landowners in King County here in Washington state. Anyone who owns acreages in the size of 5 acres may no longer use half of it! This means you can't even graze cattle on it and this "law" was passed at the County level!

The way I see it, machine guns have the best investment history of any of the above. Transferable machine guns have NEVER dropped in value, they just keep going up. No investment is an iron clad guarantee but I don't know of any other investments with the kind of track record of constant gain with no losses that m.g's have.

Phil,

Devlin did indeed say, "it could certainly happen, and I'm sure that one day, it will." That doesn't have the ring of ambiguity to me. I never understood the concept of being involved in a hobby, collection, or avocational pursuit primarily for the investment potential. But to each this own. Those who are compelled to play roulette with their money on their hobby do so at their own peril.

I fail to see the value in the "sky is falling" theorists, pundits, gurus, investment councilors, or modern day NFA Nostradamus prophets to inspire fear in the hearts of collectors. If this is something that is out of the hands of the average citizen, then all the hand wringing won't change the inevitable. And if it is in the power of the average citizen to insure this doesn't happen, then it isn't a fait acompli. Either way, life is too short to get excised over the prospect.

IF Arthur, by chance that Confiscation by unjust laws never do take effect, we must still be worried by the possibilities of Armageddon....

No, I'm not a prophet, but someday, and who knows when it may occur, I do believe an outright ban on the ownership of not only Machine Guns but everything in between, will take place for a more secure Nation, in which everyone will be safe in their beds, and the Terrorists are locked away. Afterall, do you not want to do your part in complying with the US Department Of Homeland Security's Laws, should they be enacted?

Your right Arthur, MG's by civilians are no longer allowed here, unless Legally registered prior to 1994 for those who were granted permission to buy them, and for those Firearms grandfathered due to the 1934 and 1968 Amnesty periods. Or unless one is a Federally Licensed Class 2/SOT.

There is certainly NO guarantee that the types of Firearms we own today, will be legal tomorrow.

and i second that,however somebody this very minute is writing the check...and mailing it off....for that box of part's..........for me for $6,000.00 i need something that can at least save a life or shoot........

kinda like the sear thing.wear it around the neck like jewelry,heck gold plate it for pete's sake..for what they ask for them...oh!wait!! they don't shoot either......piece of metal /w/paper attached...wink!! take care,ron