My Manville Collection

Those launchers look awesome!

I think there was one in the movie The Dirty Dozen.

What exactly are they?

Ammo avail?

They vary in caliber (12 gauge, 26.5mm and 37mm). They were used in the movie Dogs of War

Here's my early movie poster that was crammed in the bottom of one of my cases

dog4.jpg

dog5.jpg

dog6.jpg

my ten cents

they were never sold as 26.5mm

just 25mm guns but they are loose enough to take the larger Euro rounds

while 12 gauge versions were made more likely are the 25 and 37mm inserts, simple sleeves but very very rare and make it into a SBS

ATFE is real queer on Manvilles

under the GCA in the late sixties they became DDs

in somewhere in the 70s standard 01

some claim they are no longer regulated

Heck the updated 37mm Hawk launchers are non regulated but, well it's the bureau

realistically DOJ would lose the case prosecuting one as a DD

We have a decent example up for sales or grabs in 25mm at a bit over a couple grand

tired of staring at it

• 8 months later...

What a fantastic grouping!

I have a 25 mm with Indiana NG hard case on display at our museum here in Florida. Policemilitarymuseum.org

I have never heard whether the 12 gage version was removed from the NFA registry requirements, nor the same thing on the pistol with plastic cylinder?

What is your take on that situation? I've wondered if anyone has ever asked the Technical Branch for a ruling, but didn't want to wake the sleeping giant...

How long have you been collecting Manville items?

Thanks for sharing.

What a fantastic grouping!

I have a 25 mm with Indiana NG hard case on display at our museum here in Florida. Policemilitarymuseum.org

I have never heard whether the 12 gage version was removed from the NFA registry requirements, nor the same thing on the pistol with plastic cylinder?

What is your take on that situation? I've wondered if anyone has ever asked the Technical Branch for a ruling, but didn't want to wake the sleeping giant...

How long have you been collecting Manville items?

Thanks for sharing.

Is this Bill? I sold you a Manville for the Florida museum many years ago. I've been collecting Manville items for close to 20 years. My understanding is the 12 gauge items cannot handle commercial shot shells without blowing apart so ATF doesn't consider them to be anything more than flare launchers