Beretta 38/42 Magazines

The time saved was eaten up in compliance inspections and other nonsense atf paperwork and local zoning folks who wanted a cut of time and money. The fee more than offset the taxes Great gig for retired guys, but watching someone unpack their lunch for an hour break.....while I'm losing money on my day job kind of took the fun out of it. It can happen every year and I think I was done twice in six, but the schedule was changing to more often. Maybe when I retire I'd welcome the visit?

The wiki page is a mess. No, all Italian smg's take the same mags in 9mm which was a pretty smart idea. The PM12s page noted the LF57 was a better gun, but not adopted. I can't really say that's true or not without specific criteria and a PM12 here to shoot (which I don't have), but I will say the LF 57 is a pretty nice overall design. HTH

Guys the price of $50 for a M12 mags is outrageous.. In a recent Proxy bid auction (LFF in FL) a nice group of 38/42 M12 style mage 20 rounds went for an average around $19 each. I picked up 4 rare ZK383 mages for $21 delivered each... I've never paid over $35 for any 30/40 RD 38/42, M12 mag...

PTRS

Edited by PTRS-14.5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Wartime Beretta magazines were only for 10, 20, 40 rounds.

They were standard for every Italian SMG (FNA B43, OG42 and 44, TZ45, Variara, Isotta Fraschini,.....)

Post war was introduced the new LF57 and the new 30 rounds magazine, to avoid jamming problems. It was on the body of the old 40 rounds to use the same magazines holders.

32 rounds magazines are for the PM 12 but they are good also for every Italian SMG.

Here a LF57 30 rounds magazine on 40 rounds body: you can see the "bulge" inserted in the bottom attachicon.gif P1020894.JPG

I have two "30" rounder magazines with the "bulge" removed so they hold 40 rounds. If I had two of the "bulges" I'd put them back in but don't have them (previous owner took them out).

Robert

Here a LF57 30 rounds magazine on 40 rounds body: you can see the "bulge" inserted in the bottom attachicon.gif P1020894.JPG

I have two "30" rounder magazines with the "bulge" removed so they hold 40 rounds. If I had two of the "bulges" I'd put them back in but don't have them (previous owner took them out).

Robert

How do they run with the block removed? the spring looks like the same size as the 40 rounder.

• Upvote 1

ok thx...does anyone make replacement springs for the beretta mags??

Vin,

I asked Wolff springs sometime ago, and they advised they did not. I did order 10 MP-40 mag springs and a set of recoil springs from them just recently. I also recently ordered and received 10 STEN mag springs and gun springs from Lee Tool and Machine.

Lee Tools and Machine told me in 2017 they could make them but it was a batch of 1,000. We could go in with other interested Board members and have a 1,000 (or more) magazine springs made (and maybe a 1,000 38/42 recoil springs). We would need a sample/drawing.

Robert

Too few 38/42s out there to ever sell 1000

Id buy 20

How many of these berettas are in the registry. ? 200 is my guess. They show up 3-4x a year

Im sure you could sell 200. But not 1000

Ive also asked Lee tool 6-8 months ago. Got the same answer

Edited by huggytree

• 3 months later...