Very nice Dan, almost looks like an original. Did you mortise out for the magazine well cover?

Darryl

I thought about inletting all the cover holes/area, then filling them in...... but didn't.

For detail to other readers, Darryl has provided a R75 grip for me to copy as Colt Apparently used R75 grips in their R80 Monitors. I've had good pictures from previous members help in my past reproductions but one in hand is so much nicer. The R75 grip has provision for a magazine cover inletted into the stock.

Some pictures I've found in books and on the web appear to confirm the idea and you can see inletted wood filling the holes or slot. There are a few pictures I've found without any visible inletting fixing the holes. Maybe they did both?

Darryl, please feel free to add or clarify my assumptions to the grip discussion as a resource to future readers here.

I also recently was sent pictures of a colt 1925. Its similarity to the R75 and R80 bear looking at, but I thought I'd make it a separate post.

Dan,

The butt stock looks very nice, but I'm kinda weird, I like the plain .straight grain better.

It does detract the eyes from the great Browning gun design.

I'm also a wood working buff myself :-)

JMHO,

Darryl

Edited by darrylta

I had a need to get out my Monitor from the safe. It's also roll marked model 1925, with the Monitor label on top

of the bolt cover hump. It's serial number is C-102801

Darryl