Form 4 Transfer Time

Stampcollector

I'm happy to report that after a long wait of 14 months and 22 days the wait is over, my Form 4 was approved 1/31/18. Stamp came in the mail 2/8/18 and I picked up Colt M16A1 Carbine yesterday (2/9/18)

I have shot it several times already with my dealer bringing it to the range for me, so now it's in my safe to enjoy for years to come! :D

Now the wait doesn't matter :P anymore! For me anyway.... :D

Just glad it's over

Thanks Petroleum 1, the shortest time waiting for a Form 4 has been 3 months, a few more were 6 months or so, had one go 9 months and 2 more went 10 and 11 months. And this last one over 14 months.

don't have one in the pipe now, but I am looking for a 21' Colt or 28' WW 2. The wait time has never kept me from an NFA purchase.

This one will be a bringback Russian ppsh 41. Cant wait to experience the rate of fire firsthand!

Wow you lucky dog i have only seen them on videos they have a blistering rof. Do they use the 71 round Suomi drums?? I just have a crappy MK760 coming. I couldnt pass up the deal from a local guy its one of the later models and is nib never been fired other then factory.

This one will be a bringback Russian ppsh 41. Cant wait to experience the rate of fire firsthand!

Wow you lucky dog i have only seen them on videos they have a blistering rof. Do they use the 71 round Suomi drums?? I just have a crappy MK760 coming. I couldnt pass up the deal from a local guy its one of the later models and is nib never been fired other then factory.

I know cant wait! Should make a video one day but hard to compete with whats out there. Congrats and a nice gun as well. Hope we hear the good new soon!

The ppsh is pretty neat bare bones gun. They use specific drums and stick mags that cross over and fit essentially the same gun made in other countries, though the Suomi drums don't fit. I have a type 50 Korean and they are surprisingly controllable given the potent 7.62x25 cartridge. I'd surf the ppsh41.com for a lot of good info. I still have not gotten around to installing the 9mm conversion kit, but that would make it even better IMO. Lots of great videos out there already and they take some time to do well and I watch a few on occasion since I'm not particularly camera friendly myself. Cool purchase that you won't regret.....other than perhaps the ammo availability, thus the upside of the conversion....except the downside MP40 mags!

DSCN2093.JPG

The ppsh is pretty neat bare bones gun. They use specific drums and stick mags that cross over and fit essentially the same gun made in other countries, though the Suomi drums don't fit. I have a type 50 Korean and they are surprisingly controllable given the potent 7.62x25 cartridge. I'd surf the ppsh41.com for a lot of good info. I still have not gotten around to installing the 9mm conversion kit, but that would make it even better IMO. Lots of great videos out there already and they take some time to do well and I watch a few on occasion since I'm not particularly camera friendly myself. Cool purchase that you won't regret.....other than perhaps the ammo availability, thus the upside of the conversion....except the downside MP40 mags!

I bought a fair amount of Privi 7.62x25. It is brass cased and my PPsh 41likes it fine. I don't have a video, but here's a picture. It is fast.

DSCN2093.JPG

I bought a fair amount of Privi 7.62x25. It is brass cased and my PPsh 41likes it fine. I don't have a video, but here's a picture. It is fast.

Very nice! Mine is a 1944 model. What is yours and do you shoot it often? Ill have to post a picture when I pick it up.

It's dated 1941. It is a fairly early one; it has the tangent rear sight. We really don't shoot it all that much. We seem to take out one on the 4th of July, and maybe a couple of other times a year. We have a small range at home. Nothing says the 4th of July like swim suits and machine guns. (That's actually a picture of my youngest son shooting our MP44, but it was on a 4th of July. I couldn't find a picture of us shooting the PPsh41.)

IMG_0533.JPG