Thompson Markings

Gun Parts sells stamps.

Flaming Bomb Arsenal Stamp Item No. 810910A $36.00,

G.H.D. Inspector Stamp - Col. Guy H. Drewry was an Ordnance Inspector, 1942 to 1945 Item No. 810940A $36.00 ,

W.B. Inspector Stamp - Lt. Col. Waldemar Broberg was an Ordnance Inspector, 1941 to 1942 Item No. 810930A $25.00

and Crossed Cannon Arsenal Stamp Item No. 810920A $60.00.

These stamps are listed for U.S. Military M1 GARAND, M1 CARBINE, but they may be the same pattern that was used on Thompsons.

Ken

There was a seller on ebay who had ordnance and cartouche stamps for Natioanl Postal Meter M-1 Carbines. He ardently stated that he only used these stamps to "freshen" up already existing NPM stock stamps. It does give one pause to consider how many factory and arsenal stamps on WWII military weapons are made fresh daily.

No doubt. Those stamps are total BS. It's like selling fake credit cards, ID cards, or other counterfeiting equipment. There is no purpose for them but to deceive. Just my humble, but inflammed opinion.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif I agree with Waffen. When we make our replica slides...we strive to make the parts accurate replicas...but want to be able to visually distinguish the parts from the originals at a glance. First we do not mark replacement parts with any original markings (if we do someday make dummy receivers we may do this to an extent to give the proper look). Second we mark the underside of each Item with our Trademark and serial number so there is no question. Also, we leave the raw cold rolled surface on the top of the slide for two reasons...it gives the part a "vintage" look, and one can tell instantly by looking at the top when it is installed for there is the minor pitts of the cold rolled surface. Our intention was that one could glance at the top of the slide and determing its origin with out having to remove the slide. Our hope is that this would help prevent our slides from purposely or accidentally being passed as the real thing. I have discussed this with Tracie Hill and he feels that this is the right thing to do to avoid the vintage market being flooded by fakes. Just my 02.

Damon

Damon,

"Our hope is that this would help prevent our slides from purposely or accidentally being passed as the real thing. I have discussed this with Tracie Hill and he feels that this is the right thing to do to avoid the vintage market being flooded by fakes."

This is a most commendable policy. Are Doug Richardson's barrels and receivers marked in such a way to determine they originated from his Malibu, California shop? From all accounts his work is of such a high quality that it could easily be mistaken for the real thing if there were no identifying stamps identifying the parts as built by Dour R.

I note that Doug's splendid vertical foregrip is marked "R" and "II" in the grip mount well.