Guys, I am happy to report that my M3 Integral Suppressor manufactured by Curtis Tactical was released to me last week. After 9 months in hock, I finally had an opportunity to bring it home, take pics and report on how this unit has performed.

• Excellent quality workmanship
  • Cost: ~$1,200
  • Unit mounts directly to SMG, using original or aftermarket M3 barrel
  • Color and integration with M3 is wonderful, and it looks like part of the gun
  • Easy to disassemble and service (see notes below)
  • VERY quiet
  • Substantial unit, meaning this thing is not light

I have shot about 300 rounds through it, all 230 gn ACP, no reloads. 100% functional, no hiccups. I found the SMG to shoot with very little felt recoil and also found it easy to stay on target. There is no need for hearing protection at all. Sound level is very similar to a suppressed .22 w/subs.

Lesson learned: After shooting, do disassemble the unit and wipe clean. Especially the two threaded areas. My unit took some work as carbon was able to infiltrate the inner barrel thread mount, inside the can. I put a very light coat of machine oil on all threads.

I'm not a wordy guy, but let me end by saying that everyone who owns a M3 or M3A1 should get one of these. Make sure if you do order one, you tell Joe Jones whether its a M3, or M3A1.post-262407-0-24629500-1626789574_thumb.jpgpost-262407-0-68261600-1626789609_thumb.jpgpost-262407-0-28744600-1626789628_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rekraps

I have an old JAC and this type of suppressor is extremely quiet . My JAC screws right on either my M3 and my M3A1 , the only difference in the original barrels is the presence / lack of wrench flats . Why would he need to know which you have ?

Chris

Hey Chris! Thanks for the question. You are right! My mis-speak. We had a few fitting issues and I thought it was due to subtle differences in barrel fitting. But I guess not!

Good catch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just shot my again last week. Would strongly recommend cleaning after each use. The thread pitch Joe uses is very fine and soot can get into the threads which over time could bind them. Quick toothbrush and a drop of oil...

• 1 month later...

One year after action report:

Excellent unit. Super well built. Looks great. No misfires or feeding issues. Very, very quiet. Well worth the $$$.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Another good day at the indoor range with this unit. Had everyone cease fire for a demo... sooooooooo quiet!

The M3 just chugs along...

• 1 month later...

Okay videos of the shoot. Indoor range, enclosed area about 25 x 75. One video with the can and no ears, one with OEM barrel and plugs.

Shooting, even indoors with the can and no ears is pleasant.

Edited by Rekraps
Need space for other posts!

• 2 weeks later...

My associates and I use Steelman Anti-Seize type 13 thread treatment instead of oil on muzzle threads and the front and back threads on our suppressors. This thread lubricant was designed for easy assembly and disassembly use on exhaust manifold sensors and is rated to resist temperatures +2000F. Frozen endcaps and cans that won't unscrew are a thing of the past since we started using this formula of anti-seize.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So if you consider one, I'll tell you brief story of an issue I had with another one of Joe's units and how he handled it. Joe built a Swedish K integral can for me and the baffles are threaded (six or seven). Of course me being a dolt, when I disassembled the unit and cleaned it, I crossfthreaded the baffles and ruined two of them. 

I emailed Joe with the issue, of course offering to pay for the fix. He told me that he stands behind his work and replaced the two baffles to me at no charge. Wonderful.

Well worth the $$ you pay when the customer service after the sale is excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

I got an integral can for my M3 several years ago,  right after getting my gun. I contacted Nick Hope of Rock Creek Gun Services and sent him a spare barrel. He built the suppressor around it, and I couldn't be happierwith it.  I can hear the bolt cycling, almost no sound from the muzzle. Sadly, Nick passed away last year great guy.

On 3/14/2023 at 7:02 PM, BillinBama said:

I got an integral can for my M3 several years ago,  right after getting my gun. I contacted Nick Hope of Rock Creek Gun Services and sent him a spare barrel. He built the suppressor around it, and I couldn't be happierwith it.  I can hear the bolt cycling, almost no sound from the muzzle. Sadly, Nick passed away last year great guy.

Yep, some of these small machine shop guys are really artists! Scott Andrey was another great craftsman with M76 stuff and sadly he's fading....

• 5 months later...

Joe Jones, from whom I have purchased three custom manufactured integral cans for my SMG's has been bought by Shaw Armament Systems. As it turns out, they are located just 10 miles from my home, so I paid them a visit. Very impressed.

If you need Joe, the contact info is: 

Shaw Armament Systems, Inc.

4073 Fambrough Dr., Bldg 300

Powder Springs, GA 30127

Joe Jones, from whom I have purchased three custom manufactured integral cans for my SMG's has been bought by Shaw Armament Systems. As it turns out, they are located just 10 miles from my home, so I paid them a visit. Very impressed.

If you need Joe, the contact info is: 

Shaw Armament Systems, Inc.

4073 Fambrough Dr., Bldg 300

Powder Springs, GA 30127