RTG 1928A1 Parts

If this is the same dealer that is at Knob Creek, he appears to have some quality stuff. I would also check out Board member Phil Askew for quality NOS parts and Omega Weapon Systems for good quality used parts.

I have purchased from him and sometimes the parts are covered with cosmolene. When you

degrease there can be rust and pitting which has been camouflaged by the cosmolene. I do not

think they are dipping bad parts in cosmolene, I think that over 75 years many parts - not just

Thompson parts - even though they were dipped in cosmolene, that water somehow gets in

under the coating and causes corrosion. I have experienced this with all sorts of parts thought

to be MINT-in-the grease. When you degrease a part the residue of the cosmolene is a brown

substance that looks just like rust. If you are lucky it wipes off and the part is pristine. If it doesn't

wipe off, its rust.

I don't mean to scare you off of RTG. I continue to buy parts from them but it can get a little

tricky when you tell them - or anyone - that their MINT-in-the-grease part turned out to be

rusty when you degreased and cleaned it.

Bob

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/Thompson-1928A1-c313.htm

These guys advertise NOS GI parts at reasonable prices. Are they they the real deal? Thanks.

Robert is what I refer to as a "friendly competitor"!

If he has something you need do not hesitate to place the order.

He gets some nice material and has good sources.

I don't think he was at Knob Creek, but I usually do some business with him at SAR.

I have known him a very long time and have always had a good experience with him.

Richard