Joined the Colt Club....7056 came home to me

According to the FOIA it was imported in 1954. If you can show me when it went south prior to 1954 Id love to have a copy

Just to be precise, #7056 was exported from the USA to the Guatemalan Government in 1954. President Jacobo Árbenz government was toppled in June 27 of that year it would be logical #7056 arrived in the county prior to that date. Then it would be in the arsenal of the new President Carlos Castillo Armas.

Well did Lomont ever have it?

SEEMS YOU WOULD THINK easy to track when here versus 1954 file. Or don't need a who had it file.I always figured new owners like a track record of who had it. or is it all mute now? there could not have been many owners if it got here in 1981. RON K.

Well that is good since i was in touch with somebody who said might know which other 2 samples landed here. and i figured not many out there this could have been the Lomont one. another is a 1921ac.well its home now.RON K.

I didnt get a chance to read over who all has owned it since it was imported. Forgive me for being busy the past few days

What!!!!! Busy???? Thought you sat around watching soap operas all day eating Bon Bons!!!! You dont??

The FOIA I have shows it was imported 07/16/1981 by ARMEX Inter-American (IA-CO) out of Sacramento CA.

I was mistaken on the 1954 part-

On November 17, 1952, one Colonel Amadeo Chinchilla Orellano, Military attaché to the Guatemalan embassy in Mexico City was in touch with Hugo Frank Olvera trying to purchase arms and munitions-including 100,000 rds of 45 acp and 200 Thompson sub machine guns (for the Guatemalan police) Later documents show that the Guatemalan military was purchasing arms from El Salvador, Czechslvoika, and Mexico.....it was states that there is good evidence that none of these arms are reaching the Army, so the inference is that they are going to labor organizations and Communist groups

The above information came from a CIA Historical Review Program release in 2003....so it is possible that this gun was part of the uprising as stated above.

A friend just sent me a picture from Gordons book-it shows that in 2003 Kent had 7056

Edited by Got Uzi

#7056 is like six degrees of Kevin Bacon.

Edward Louis Faust owned ARMEX and half a dozen other import arms companies out of Sacramento, California. One day in December 1971, Faust and Ronald J. Martin, out of Miami, Florida, and Roger Alan Cox, out of Athens, Georgia, flew to Guatemala to inspect firearms for purchase. They eventually bought 5,000 weapons including 100 Russian Degtyarev DP 7.62 millimeter submachine guns. In 1983, Cox was convicted on a 12 count indictment regarding these Russian arms for conspiracy against the United States and concealing and transporting merchandise imported contrary to law.

Guatemala proved to be unlucky for Jacobo Árbenz Guzmán, Carlos Castillo Armas, and Roger Cox.