Magazine question and feedback

jmabele

First off, thanks Skoda! Magazines were well packaged and arrived today, exactly as advertised.

So, admittedly when the box arrived my heart dropped. Due to the size of the package I thought, theres no way these are 20-round magazines. They must be 12 rounders and I got scammed.

Why, because I was basing the size of the box against the magazine that came with the Reising I had bought. It was sold with a 12 round magazine. So, I loaded up Skodas mags and what they hellthey took all 20 rounds.

So I loaded up the longer, 12 round mag that came with the gun I boughtyou can see where this is going. It took 30 rounds to fill it.

What an awesome surprise! Are these 30 round magazines hard to come by?

12 and 20 are original. They are the same length, but the 12s have ribs on the sides so they are single stack feed as opposed to double stack 20 rounders.

The 30s are newer, first produced by Ken Christie now by Keystone Arms.

Congrats on your gun,

Ron

30rd are awful.. Ship to me for disposal.

30rd magazines can be a fickle thing. Some work great in one, and not so good in another. and some just don't work. Usually they require some fiddling with the feedlip. I had bought a Christie 30rd and it didn't work so I sold it. I once received a 30rd Thompson modified to work in a Reising which was very strange.

The last batch I bought was from Keystone and they (extremely surprisingly) function flawlessly. I am guessing they worked out the feedlip geometry or I was just lucky that this release they tuned the feed lips to something similar to my needs. I just bought some jackets from Keystone (no springs or base plate) so I could do a Reising Suomi drum modification. I haven't had a chance to compare the feedlips to my working magazines to see if there is any differences.