Lyman Sight, Or Kahr Krap?

i always get a kick of the amount of people who try and pawn off anything under the thompson logo!!!

rare, exotic,not made anymore,only one made,whatever!!!

and people just can't wait to spend the hard earned buck....................

or maybe they just don't work hard for the buck..........so they don't give a crap anymore.............spend,spend,spend,

a con glob-a ration-of part's..............probably a reserve of 1,000.00 for the ill informed............wink!!!

have fun guy's...............take care,ron/colt21a

Well, colt21a, I think it is a shame that this seller is being misleading. Either he is a liar or he is ignorant.

I don’t know this guy, but I get nervous when we start calling folks liars. I certainly want the benefit of the doubt until I am proved guilty- don’t we all?

If you read the text, he says it comes with a “L” sight. That is not what is pictured, for sure, but it could be an error in either the text or what got into the photo.

Tommygunner, I had the strong impression that this was a "put-together" "kit", and not a real kit made from all of the parts from the same torched gun. The barrel and lower look almost new, whereas the torched upper parts and the buttstock slide are rusty. The compensator has no markings at all and does not have a hole for pinning.

Quite frankly it pisses me off to see this kind of misrepresentation. I wonder if the winning bid price will equal or exceed IMA's price for the real thing?

Did you read the description... It is fer sure put together... Although he does claim a WWII vintage site which I guess the consensus is that it is not...

Set Includes the Following:

a) Finned and threaded Barrel in (New unused condition) Current production Auto Ordnance.

b. Cutts style compensator with front sight in (New unused condition) Current production Auto Ordnance.

c) Complete lower frame assembly in (New unused condition) Current production Auto Ordnance

Catnipman, Big Daddy,

Oh I hear you. It is obviously not as represented. PK made a good point though...We should always go for higher ground and extend the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. what if this guy bought this from someone who misrepresented it to him? I realize he is selling alot of parts but that just makes him a good businessman and not neccissarily a Thompson guru. (shoot...I I myself know nothing compared to alot of board members here and do not concider myself a guru at all) Just if we are quick to call folks Liars....justified or not...it can reflect badly on us as a whole. Please understand...I completely agree with you. Just been thinking alot lately about the image of our hobby and how important it is to foster a positive public outlook. Good eye though. At least we are the wiser! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif My 02 FWIW

Damon

TGunner,

Hey I think you read me wrong.... he pretty well describes it as far as I am concerned... As I pointed out he clearly states what parts are what, and the only part that "I" think is in dispute is the Lyman sight. Everyone is talking the comp and all, but he states it is new production in the stuff I cut and pasted.... I am far from being any kind of authority and rely on this and other boards for info.... Which is a double edged sword in itself... as many people unknowingly, with the best intentions, pass on bad info.... So I'll delete my post to clear up any confusion I may have created....

Blaine

Big Daddy,

You got me there...I did not realize that he stated some parts were current production. The Lyman sight is misrepresented weather the seller realizes it or not. I was not trying to flame you or the Catnipman at all. Just agreeing with PK's point is all. I have noticed alot of flames, hostile posts, and just outright nastyness cheapening the board as of late. (I am not saying this is what has gone on here in this instance.) but seen alot of posts of a nature that existed very little when I first joined the board. I have heard and noticed that some very knowledgeable long time members have stopped posting here for whatever reasons. Our image is everything...ignore it and the hobby could easilly go away. I saw Tracie Hill on the history channel last week and he presented an exellent image IMHO. Well spoken gentleman. (I am not saying you are not...I have read and enjoyed many of your posts.) I just think we should refrain from calling folks liars, flaming, abusive posts (or telling AF to "bitch up" like I did in a previous post...I am just as guilty as the next guy anyhow.) This is just my own opinion...I feel no ill will towards anyone here and have nothing but respect for you. I hope this did not come across as a scolding or put down, for I did not mean it to be as such. Just something I have been thinking about for a while and came out here in contemplation of PK's post. sorry if I came across harsh.

Respectfully,

Damon