Stamp Finally In

Thanks Todd

I just realized it had cast fire control levers which are now switched out with almost new Savage levers from a lower I had. All the internals are stamped Savage or AOC.

Edited by Vettom

• 4 weeks later...

Remember reading this thread(and another more recent)about stamp approval times and thought I would add my own stamp-approval time experience. I just got word today from my local shop that my stamp was in-only 3 months and 2 days after I submitted the request. Which of course makes me a happy man, was expecting 9 months based on most of what I've heard! I'm an ordinary person/individual and this was my 1st purchase ever of a Thompson(a 1928A1 Bridgeport). Or any full auto weapon, for that matter. Not sure if that made any difference, but thought it might give hope to those who are waiting or will be purchasing sometime in the near future!

MRCTMG,

Just wondering, was your transfer to an individual or to a legal entity such as a trust or a corporation?

I talked with an ATF phone screener last week and she indicated they are selecting random form 4's that have been recently submitted in order to get the average days pending down. They are also implementing a new process (she did not go into details) that should speed up the process on new submissions.

My check was cashed December 6, 2018. I called ATF last week and was told I’m”pending” and the average is “about 9 months.” That didn’t really make me feel any better. I’ve been anxious for a few weeks now...

Recently I received 6 stamps on the same day. One was pending about a year while the latest had been pending about 2.5 months. Seems like this batching does get the wait down. On a separate note, also received 2 form 1s I Efiled in 14 days this month.