1927 Web Site

I put together a small site last night dedicated to the 1927 Colt and yes, newly manufactured semi's....

1927 Thompson

I would appreciate any feedback and input, corrections as well... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Check back regularly, as it will be frequently updated.

Grey Crow, that is an excellent site (very informative). http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif Maybe Nick can pin it to the top of the Thompson Forum page, with the other important topics. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif Thank-you!! Regards, Walter

Excellent site, I bet a lot of semi owners will be quite educated

and looking to trick out those 27's!

Nice!

Zamm

Thanks to everyone!

Mike I'll place a recip. link as well. I have your site bookmarked.

I know it still has a ways to grow, but as with most sites, it's an evolutionary thing.

I hope to place a link to another page dealing with ammo, then the major parts dealers. LOL, but then sometimes I think the opposite, seeing that I still NEED more STUFF!!! Don't want it bought out from under me.

It will come in time though.

Thompsonitis is an amazing disease.

If anyone sees anything that needs changed by all means say so.

Thanks Again

Great - Outstanding - Should be at the top of the list for new owners of a 1927 to read. Additonal information which is on the board now should be added, such as the diagram on how to cut the mag release to use full auto mags.

Gives the new owner of a 27 Kahr a lot to think about.

Sometime back I had PK do a complete job on a 27 semi - and I couldnt be more pleased.

It looks great along side the 21 and 28"s

I just got my 27 back from PK, it's like a totally differant gun. I think the bolt hold open is a must for semi owners, as well as the EZ frame removal.

PK pinned the comp. after welding shut a set screw hole, reshaped the actuator handle, reshaped the mag catch, installed one of his front grip hangers, installed GI rocker, safety, and pivot plate, smoothed the feed ramps, beveled the drum slots,

installed, and rechambered a 10.5" bbl, and shot it in for a 0 @ 50 yards POI, engraved the frame and bbl to comply with manufacturing laws. Then instructed me on how to adjust my mags so that they "all" work.

Now all I need do is to get the frame contoured, and work on the X drum so it feeds.

It is a an informative site, but some visitors might be confused into thinking the WH 1927A1 has a connection to the Auto-Ord Colt 1927 TSMG, when in fact there is none.

Also, you say that "Very few, possibly as many as 50 were ever made," when it would be more accurate to say they were"converted" from existing 1921 models. And the TSMG on your cover page shows a buttstock with a WWII swivel that would not have come with a 1927 model.

Grey Crow,

Wonderful site! A nice compilation of information for those intersted in semi-auto Thompsons. The pictures are particularly helpful to outline the possibilities and show some of the modifications you list.

One minor nit-picky correction/comment: In your History page where you discuss the history of the Colt 1927, you indicate that they "used" 30 round magazines. However, no 30 round magazines existed when the Colt gun was created, and would not exist until early WWII. Certainly the Colt 1927 can "use" a WWII 30 round mag, but they did not at the period in time that you are focusing on in your opening comments.

Second: Along the line of Arthur's comment, I think you need some kind of bridge text between your History page, which is strictly talking about Colt 1927's, and your Auto Ordnance page and all subsequent pages that refer to the modern semi-only 1927 guns.

Third: On your Links page where you list information about TCA, I suggest using the term "Quarterly" newsletters instead of "4 Yearly". You also may want to place some separation space between the TCA information and the Unofficial Tommy Gun Page link. The way it is now, it looks like one refers to the other.

Again, great job!

Roger

Thanks Guys!

Outside input is always appreciated the suggestions taken and changes made.

AF, ok, I compromised a little by rewording it a bit and moving a sentence around. Changed the stock as well! Detachable stocks are great!

"The history of the 1927 Colt should not be confused with the modern 1927 Semi-Auto.

They are two distinct and very different firearms."

TSMG28

Adjusted the links page, as well as the notice.

LSU Tiger,

I hope to change the stock with a nonbolt in the future, need to save a for a little while.

I also added a few more graphics on the entrance page. You may need to hit the refresh button on your browser to see the changes. I also have a few html bugs to work out, but that's part of the enjoyment of web pages. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Jack--

I enjoyed your site very much. It is a great reference on that particular model. I'd like to see a detailed, full side view, of your project. It will be worth the extra kilobytes of waiting. PK did an excellent job in all respects with the mill work. Also, I especially enjoy what you have done with that wood. That took some time, I'm sure!

If I ever get my Links set up on my site, I'd like to add you to it.

Actually Chris, the frame didn't require any special engraving however the law stipulates that the maker's name and state appear on the firearm.

Even though Kahr was the original manufacturer, I would be considered the maker of the SBR.

I thought as I wrote that sentence that it might be confused. The frame is engraved Full Auto and Single at the rocker switch. I need to use a white lacquer stick on the engraving for photo purposes.