Finally got my MG42 approved.

Now I,m really jealous, I still have approx. 4 months to wait on my MG42 transfer . Again congrats on a great looking 42 !

Sent in in July, 2013. Back in Dec/January, NFA Branch told the sellerr to look for it in June. It arrived at the end of April, so you may be able to shave some time off. I can't believe the purchase process started in January, 2013. Atleast, the seller spaced the money out over that time.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have a stash of surplus 8mm to feed the hungry beast?

I second smkummer's question...Back when 8mm was $30/case, I could maybe see having one, and I saw many who did. They ripped through belts like they were $30/K...and they were! Now that ammo is 10-15X the price, I can't imagine feeding the tapeworm...

So, how long will it take to run through your stash?

Anyway, congratulations!

David

42's were not necessarily matching to begin with, so non-matching may be correct in most instances. Few parts were ever numbered. Ammo is not all that bad and you can always shoot .308 which slows it down as well. Conversion is cheap and easy. Robert RTG is your new friend!

• 2 weeks later...
My tapeworm tells me what to do. (Quick, name the band and the album). Thanks guys. I stocked up on 7.62 NATO ammo and conversion parts while waiting for the transfer to go through. I didn't have an 8mm MG when it was 4 cents per round, so I didn't buy 8mm. I got a 34 in '06 and started buying it wherever I could find it cheap. Like anything else tanks, motorcycles, sports cars, boats, airplanes, hot 21 year old chicks, there is an associated expense to keep them going. It's a cost of doing business. Should I run low on ammo, I get pleasure out of just owning, looking at, and holding them. I work at a manufacturing company with all sorts of machines to make conversion kits and access to cheap ammo, so I can shoot whenever I want. Edited by Waffen Und Bier

Your last two....right. Like me, you'll get those and say, "ooh just two more"....My sickness is for a transferable Stoner 63A and an FG42. $200,000 more will cure my disease. Edited by Waffen Und Bier

Looks like a nice 42!! You don't see to many with the piece of sheet metal holding the front site pin in place.
Just do what i do when you go shooting. Take a few hundred rounds belted and load the rest at the range that way you will be there longer than 5 minutes:)
I would check the recuperate spring before firing it and replace your ww2 parts with yugo stuff
After i shot the first one i got i couldn't stop i have a few of them:)

You lucky dog! I should be buying one in about a year. Gotta wait until after this Colt Thompson purchase :) I wish I could buy multiple MG42s like you, but that's just not going to happen! haha.

Looks like a nice 42!! You don't see to many with the piece of sheet metal holding the front site pin in place.
Just do what i do when you go shooting. Take a few hundred rounds belted and load the rest at the range that way you will be there longer than 5 minutes:)
I would check the recuperate spring before firing it and replace your ww2 parts with yugo stuff
After i shot the first one i got i couldn't stop i have a few of them:)

Congrats, hntrdarren! The recuperator spring is super strong. I switched out as many M53/MG1/MG3 parts as possible to shoot it (and put my WWII parts aside). It headspaces ok in 7.62 NATO. Will be a while before we shoot it, but I will try for video (if the gun runs).

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...