Found Forms In My Buttstock

All-

I was cleaning up the newly acquired Thompson earlier today and dropped open the buttstock trapdoor. To my surprise, I found the original bill of sale for my gun and the original form 3 transfer to Texas. I have redacted the names and important information (names, FFL numbers, etc) to protect the identities. Good old Ira signed it himself obviously.

I thought this was kind of neat. I know its not a Colt or a WWII Thompson, but at least I have some history on my gun. I found it interesting that the gun sat unsold from the '86 ban until the end of 1992. Also, look at the sale price! My, how times have changed!

Just thought I would share my find.

Chris.

Bill of Sale:

http://home.comcast.net/~cbachman//Original_Bill_of_Sale_Redacted.JPG

Original F3:

http://home.comcast.net/~cbachman//Original_Form_Redacted.JPG

Interesting that the serial number is 28xx and this gun was sold in 92. My westy was bought new in 86 and is number 2802. AO must've kept a few guns packed away for a rainy day.

I believe all the Serial Number 2800A to 2899A West Hurley Thompson’s were manufactured or at least approved for manufacture in 1986. I understand this final production of West Hurley Thompson’s took a few years to sell. It appears the Auto-Ordnance Corporation of West Hurley, New York had new Model of 1928 Thompson’s in stock as late as 1992. I would guess other board members could probably tell us about when the source of new West Hurley's ran dry.

robbo, what did you pay for your West Hurley in 1986? Did it come with a Drum? I noted the West Hurley purchased by Chris sold for $1850 in 1992.