New Stock Of Drums Incoming To Sportsmans Guide...

these aren't due til November 3rd.

They do this sometimes...really quick sellouts turn into a quick second order for them....just gotta keep trying!!

I used the same number and "voila"! There they were. I ordered three as I can't afford any more right now, but if ya go for it quickly, I'd bet a bunch of us can grab some of 'em!

Good Luck all! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

john

Forgot to note that you can just plug in the last five digits of the number (92953) and the search engine will take you to the ad. The first five are just a catalog number for their own records.

Good luck!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

john

Glad ya got in on time. See you in a couple weeks.

Anyone care to have a guess at how long these things will last before being sold out? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/dry.gif

My guess is by 8pm tonight (central) they'll be all gone!

and I was feeling bad because I missed them before!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

john

(happy now! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif )

I just placed another order and also tried to have it shipped to an address outside Ohio. I'm not sure it will work because the "restricted item" e-mail that SG sent in regard to my first order indicated they were using the billing address. (see quote below) I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

"Unfortunately, the following items are restricted to your billing zip code,

therefore we can not ship these items to you:

- NEW THOMPSON 50 RD DRUMS"

QUOTE (Lancer @ Jul 29 2005, 07:51 PM)
I just placed another order and also tried to have it shipped to an address outside Ohio. I'm not sure it will work because the "restricted item" e-mail that SG sent in regard to my first order indicated they were using the billing address. (see quote below) I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

"Unfortunately, the following items are restricted to your billing zip code,
therefore we can not ship these items to you:

- NEW THOMPSON 50 RD DRUMS"

Well, it didn't work. I just received a "restricted item" e-mail from SG because my billing address was Ohio even tho it was going to be shipped to Mich.

Wow, I just came in from a night at the Skeet club and almost did not check my computer. Thanks for the heads up. One more drum will fit nicely in my safe. The shipping is outrageous but the price is hard to beat. Hopefully, more will be on the way from overseas at even cheaper prices. Thanks again.

I was at their factory outlet store in the twin cities today and about 5 p.m. Said they didn't have any. They didn't offer to see if any were coming in either. I'll have to say the people working there were not the most ambitious looking bunch of people I've ever seen.

Dan

I changed the billing address on one of my seldom used cards to my folks address in PA. I get online statements so it doesn't really matter. I tried again with my new billing address and a PA shipping address and looks like that will work, for now. The games we play...

As I understand it, TSMG L drums were made by the millions prior to and in the early months of WWII. Early experience showed the drums to be too heavy and slow to load for general combat use. XX mags were more generally issued and XXX mags were developed instead. The drums mostly then went overseas as lend lease aid, primarily to the USSR and Great Britain. I think that with the lifting of the large capacity magazine ban, we're seeing what could be just the leading edge of a flood of these drums, and that they will shortly (within a year) be cheaper than Kahr drums are today. Importers will initially see them as very desireable indeed, but there are so few guns that they will fit, and large markets such as NY, NJ, and CA are closed off. It will be, IMHO, a buyers market. I think that you'll shortly be able to complete your WWII drum collection (all manufacturers) for very nearly what Sportsman's Guide wants for just one today.

TSMGguy and PhilOhio,

The essence of your posts is why I bought only one. I too believe that the floodgates may open on these items and the price will plummet. I consider this purchase as hedging my bets. Let's all hope I loose money on this deal and 9 months from now WWII Thompson drums are 100 bucks a pop!!! Now if I could just beat Jr. out of those Colt magazines he has no use for....