Quick Release Attachment

Grendadier,

Do not be discouraged. It is easy to dremel off the screw mount. Then mount the slide to the frame by drilling two holes for the new hex screws. The slide frame may need some fitting to your buttstock slide, which you should accomplish before installing it on the frame. It is well worth it to be able to trash the fixed stock that does not go with the look for the 1927A1 gun anyway.

If you could post a photo or give us a web address where the same piece is shown then we could come up with an idea. Sounds like you have an original 21/28 latch minus the slide housing. Not too sure without seeing the piece. Ebay has the butt stock conversion is this it??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...63&category=135

Brent

Greenadier,

Disregard my previous post about the adaptor slide I thought you were speaking off. You have part of the piece that fits into the buttstock. You need the actual rail piece that slides onto the frame. This is held onto the buttstock with two screws entering from the bottom of the stock. You do need a 1928 type buttstock though for this application to work. Where did you purchase this part? Seems they left out a crucial piece.

Nope thats not what I have. This is the only thing I can find that looks like mine.

http://www.tommygunner.com/images/products/tgparts/tgbuttstockslide/tgbuttstockslide.jpg

Sorry for stealing the image.

Grenadier,

OK! Looks like you have all the the right parts if you have what's illustrated in the photo . Now all you need to do is screw it onto your 1928 buttstock. Do you have such a stock, or only an M1 type stock? Then you need the adaptor plate that screws onto the frame. Are you converting a 1927A1 to accept a 1928 buttstock, or do you already have a 1928 model?

I have a 1927a1 made by AO not Kahr. So I guess it has the silly buttstock and not the correct one. What else would I need? And what all will I have to do?

BTW What would this be worth? Its a real military one with serial number and all. Its parkerised and not blued.

I'm lost, do you have the metal and are trying to attach it to your WH butstock and recever ? do you have a complete 28 butstock and are trying to atach it to an AO 27A1 recever?

if all you have is the slide as shown in the pic, you have to inlet it to your stock and use an adapter or MILL your trigger frame to accept the 28 buttstock slide.

BB

Grenadier,

Hopefully I can shed some light here... Reading the posts i am under the inpression that you have a 27a1 and would like to convert to a removeable stock setup and you have a vintage slide assembly with serial number that you would like to use. (please let me know if I got this wrong) The slide assembly consists of a slide (that is the big piece that screws into the stock), latch (the piece in the middle with the thumb button), pin ( to hold the latch to the slide) and a spring to hold the thumb button under tension in the upmost position. The stock that came on your 27a1 is the M1 style stock and is fashioned to bolt on to your frame and cannot be inletted to accept the slide assembly that you have. In order to complete the job you would need a 21/28 style buttstock with hardware. (the buttplates are even different and will not interchange) The 21/28 style buttstock will be inlet for your slide and should go in with little fitting in most cases. Now to address the 27a1 frame...the frame on your gun is fashioned after the M1 and will not accept the removeable 21/28 style buttstock without modification or replacement. In an earlier post, there was a link to an ebay auction with a "adaptor" for this job. In order to install this adaptor you would need to grind off the nub on the bottom of the frame and then drill and tap for the adaptor to fit on the bottom of the frame ( in my experience, these adaptors need a little fitting to fit in the slide properly..haven't seen one yet work out of the box). If you opt for this plan...the stock will sit about 1/4 inch lower than on the 21/28 and you may or may not be satisfied with that. Alternatively you could mill out a portion of the bottom of your frame to sink the adaptor in creating a proper profile. (This can even be tig welded in place for a better job.) OR...you could wait about a month and I should have a 27 frame available that will accept the stock without butchering a 27 frame and have the correct fit. If you have any further questions you can call me at 845-657-6576 or email me and I would be happy to help you get a better handle on this. Good luck with everything. Hope this helps. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Damon

Oh...and no sweat about boosting my picture! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Grenadier,

Since a 1927A1 frame milled for a detachable buttstock will still have the M1 style grip mount, and therefore the look will still be compromised, you might as well merely attach the adaptor slide with screws. Depending on what you want to spend, the amount of customizing is minuscule, and it is a dramatic improvement over the fixed stock.

Arthur,

Thanks for that...made me realize that I could give some clarification as to what I will be producing for the 27. It will be a 28 frame modified to fit the 27 with all semiauto parts. This will allow the detachable buttstock, and 28 grip and could even have the selector switch function as the bolt hold open...or not. Just wanted to clarify.

Damon

Arthur,

Thanks! Well since you are coaxing the cat out of the bag, we will produce 21 and a 28 frame. Just a difference in markings really. (custom markings will be available.) At one point in the production some frames will be slated for a 27 and even a semi M1. These frames will then be fitted to accept the semi auto parts and fit tightly to the semi receivers. This should kill several birds with one stone so to speak. I hate to state prices before production is done because it always seems something rears its head along the way and causes the prices to go up. I will venture to high side the estimate and say oh maybe $300 - $350 each. If all goes well....maybe less if possible. Can't wait to have one for my 27!

Damon

Thanks for all the replies guys! This sounds like its more effort and money than I am willing to spend right before X-mas. If someone is interested in this piece then make me an offer I am gonna sell it or trade for Enfields.