Armored Car Drum Case

Anyone ever seen a hard case like this? Holds 6 "L" drums. Eagle latches, metal corners, leather carry handle. I bought it from a guy years ago that said it came out of an armored bank car. I have never seen another. Maybe one of a kind hand built?

drum case 1.JPG

drum case 2.JPG

drum case 3.JPG

drum case 4.JPG

Edited by firearm
  • Upvote 1

Sorry. I don't care to sell it right now. I just thought you guys might like to see it. I was most curious to know if anyone has ever seen another. It weighs 22.5 pounds with 6 empty "L" drums in it. Wonder what it would weigh with all 6 drums loaded up. Just think of the firepower one would have at the ready back in those days.

That one has leather corners. Pretty cool. Do you know who made it or where it came from?

and only for five drums.

Sorry. I don't care to sell it right now. I just thought you guys might like to see it. I was most curious to know if anyone has ever seen another. It weighs 22.5 pounds with 6 empty "L" drums in it. Wonder what it would weigh with all 6 drums loaded up. Just think of the firepower one would have at the ready back in those days.

When I shoot my TSMG I only use drums. I have 6 that I bring to the range and have been kicking around ideas for storage and transport. As a result your post I now have a new project. Thank you for sharing. BTW, 300 rnds of Win 230gn ball weighs about 14.5 lbs. That would put your fully loaded weight at 37 pounds.

Bob D

love to have one