Transferable Glock 19s

Sandman1957

Someone brought one to a range I go to on occassion (I was not there at the time). I am trying to track it down to ensure its legit. I am concerned there are some very misinformed folks out there who are watching videos, buying parts etc. My concern is yahoo's making illegal machineguns, getting into trouble and we "legitimate" NFA owners will be the ones to suffer.

Unfortunately conversion is fairly simple, and conversion devices....are somewhat common and float around as they are effectively unregulated like a DIAS for an AR15. Lots of guns are readily convertible illegally, so you just sort of have to accept that a number of people will do it.....regardless. I've shot a post sample and even with the stock it's a handful. Glock is so tight with them, they go dept. direct so they sort of created a market for the aftermarket selectors? Those then seeped out into the general public. I've never heard of a transferable, but there's a lot of stuff out there you'd think never existed that does in one form or another. I knew the guy that made the S+W sears and those pop up from time to time, though I think he only did less than 10, and most never surfaced into the market. I'll stick with my schnell, pretty controllable and smooth.

I think this person bought some type of fixed stock kit, and registered that as a SBR. He then registered the sear (gizmo) as a "machinepistol" on a form two as an AOW.

I'm going to call him next week and let him know that what he has done is not legal. It isn't a AOW its a machinegun. He'll get one chance to contact ATF and clean this up.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an 18C postie for sale.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/602115098

Ron

9K for a POST-sample Glock 18? Crazy.

I thought the same thing. There's only 7 days to go so get your bids in early!!!!

I was thinking maybe there was some difference between a conversion and an actual G18, but i'm surprised at the price.

Ron