Darn, Just Missed It

A Savage M1a1 was just listed on Sturmgewehr since yesterday afternoon. I saw it last night and got together my money that night. I called first thing this morning and darn, it was already sold. If anyone knows of a WWII M1 or M1a1 for sale, please, drop me an email. It's time to go into debt again.

It was me, i bought it. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif

No not really but I too would be interested to know the price as it must have been pretty good not to last a day.

Yea Guys--

It went for 12K and was a PD gun. I know that price is higher than some of you oldtimers are used to, but it seems to be a good price to me, considering what they've been going for. I had Sten Guy checking around for me, so Sten, keep looking.

M1 price check,

I was at the Forks of the Delaware show two weeks ago and there were two very nice M1 Thompson's for sale . If you you do your home work you can figure out who the dealer was, D.T. oops . One sold for $ 15000 and no one held a gun to the guy's as he wrote out the check. I looked from a few feet away as he wrote out his check and there was a large smile on his face.

I wanted to stop him but the Thompson needle was in to deep. 8 or 10 mags a few parts a 3 cell pouch and he walked away like he was floating on a cloud. Jen said it was his 1st Thompson and they only had it in stock a very short time. True story guys .

Ron I wish I would of bought a few of those $950 dollar

MG 42's insted of that 1st Thompson.

Chuck

QUOTE (Melvin @ May 19 2004, 07:57 PM)
M1 price check,
I was at the Forks of the Delaware show two weeks ago and there were two very nice M1 Thompson's for sale . If you you do your home work you can figure out who the dealer was, D.T. oops . One sold for $ 15000 and no one held a gun to the guy's as he wrote out the check. I looked from a few feet away as he wrote out his check and there was a large smile on his face.

I wanted to stop him but the Thompson needle was in to deep. 8 or 10 mags a few parts a 3 cell pouch and he walked away like he was floating on a cloud. Jen said it was his 1st Thompson and they only had it in stock a very short time. True story guys .

Ron I wish I would of bought a few of those $950 dollar
MG 42's insted of that 1st Thompson.
Chuck

chuck the funniest story is the one {mg-42}i got from roger cox for free, for a big favor....he needed at the time,long story,and sold it to irv kahn in ohio in 1975 or so,for $900.00...............................and was glad to get that at the time,it still was in my 1975 shotgun news ad....................funny thing curtis earl contacted me at that time also,even tho we met in 1971,

and bought a mills two cell for shot mags along with a pair of shot mags unissued cond.for 300.00 from me,yep good time's...............how fast they fly.................

take care,ron