Colt Thompson Parts Kit on Gunbroker

Understand what you are bidding on. The grip has major problems and the barrel and front sight are from an M1A1. The actuator appears to have been a two-piece NAVY actuator that has separated. I am not sold on the butt stock being Colt's without more pictures. I would also like to see the ejector on the left side of the cut receiver. I would want much more information before bidding high on this kit.

You have to click thru their advertisement. Colt wood. missing the button on the stock release. A well used parts kit. The actuator can easily be fixed, they are hard to find. Same for the Buttstock button. Wonder what the number is on the grip frame.

I do appreciate the additional pictures even though I am not bidding. Perhaps I am missing something but I would think there would be some evidence of the two rivets attached to the actuator body if indeed the actuator was at one time an original two-piece 1928 NAVY actuator. What I see is a late Model of 1921 actuator that does not appear to ever have been converted to a NAVY actuator. I also find it interesting the grip is damaged in one picture but appears to be intact in the other picture. Are we dealing with two different frames?

If anyone is really serious I could go and inspect it as it is only a few miles from my home. Knowing the seller just a bit I do not think that they would allow inspection. But if someone has real interest and can set up a inspection I would be happy to do it.

Chuck K

Edited by Melvin

I am with richard w. and Bridgeport28A1

If you look closely at the rear grip in the lousy group photo, one will see a mark above the finger notch and in the middle, sorta like a line, but the grip is sans any chip as has been noted.

That same mark is clearly visible on the closeup photo with chip, so seems to be the same grip.

Sure seems like they just did it and sure hope they kept it. Guessing, that could be a relatively easy repair for Dan Block if he has the missing piece.

I am thinking it is the angle they took the two pics of the grip. Different angles, kinda hides the chip in one.

Too bad - I need a Colt grip!

Imho 5500 is not that high all things considered.

a Colt buttstock is worth somewhere 1500/2000+

the Colt two piece actuator easily worth between 1000/1500

the lower frame (grip exluded) could be worth 2000 to 3000 with all internals, and 300/500+ dollars for the rear grip itself if it was still intact.

then we still have the front grip,the receiver chunks with lyman sight, the ejector and all the other bits.. surely not cheap... there was a seller advertising a buttstock for 4000 lol

just my two cents

Edited by indochinavet