Pearl Thompson

Could you guys comment about the quality and reliability of the Pearl Thompson? Are their parts interchangeable with the Savage Thompsons?

His stuff seems to have a pretty fair reputation. The Pearl TSMGs used GI parts bult up on a receiver either rewelded or newly built by Marty Pearl. (IIRC, he did both...rewelding and manufacturing new recievers. Additionally, he was, among other things, a judge. AFAIK, he's still alive (sorry, I don't know how to get in touch with him.))

Sorry I can't give you more help.

Bill--

Thanks for responding. I read some of our older posts and gathered a overall idea about the Pearl Thompson. In regards to a less expensive shooter, I wondered if it is better to go with a Pearl over the WH. Even with the lower price tag, I'm a little leary about rewelded receivers. However, I have heard some good things about Pearl's craftsmanship.

I really want a Savage M1a1, but have discovered that the prices of these have really gone through the roof, knocking around 14 to 15 K.

I've heard alot of people with Pearl weapons say they are great shooters. I missed seeing one at the Creek a few weeks ago. Everyone says they shoot fine. I would say go for it.

I have had a number of his Thompsons and the worked great. He ussually made the serial number the same to match the lower. I have an Uzi convertion I bought from him in the 80's(for $525) and have had to replace 2 barrels I have fired it so much and have had no trouble at all with it. I currently have one of his MP 40s in transfer to me. All great quality.

I just read this post and then saw this ad:

NFA Market Board

WTB Bar l9l8A2 barrel

Posted By: Martin Pearl (ip68-104-152-222.ph.ph.cox.net)

Date: 4/25/04 21:13

excellent or better for re-barreling. Martin Pearl 505-3285879

Jr