Brass Catchers

I had a couple of friends volunteer and dubbed themselves `the brass bitches`...worked pretty cheap,picked up several thousand cases for a few test runs on the Thompsons and BARs... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

I use a old sheet lying on the ground. You just pick it up when done and dump it in the bucket. I had a "brass catcher" that was made for the 1927, it sucked real hard, in fact if you be real still and don't listen to the ringing in your ears, you can still hear it making a sucking sound it sucked sooo bad. Sheet or tarp on the ground is the best bet.

At the state run range they have rolled up pieces of screen approx. 4'x4' and you hang the screen up and adjust it to stop your brass. I leave my pelican case open on the side of the shooting bench and the bottom of the screen lays in my case secured by a sand bag or two. After shooting you just pick the brass out of your case and your on your way home to clean your gun. When using the screen the range officer can still see all shooters down the firing line.

M1Brian

I saw a pic of a guy in Lapeer shooting with a bag attached to the right side oof his Tommy. Looked weird, but I guess it makes sense there where finding your brass would be difficult. Won't work for me, I shoot left handed! If I can find it I will post it.

I was thinking about this at the last Thompson shoot in Ohio. How about a roll of screen material (nylon - 10' wide) rolled out across all of the different shooting points. At the end, roll it up and dump into a can! Might pay for itsely after a couple of uses!

Giantpanda,

I have the same issue, (left handed)

At one point I made a net that was held while you shoot, but again being a south paw. The net's flapping was very distracting.

Had the same problem with a flintlock, pan would flash right in front of my right eye. Talk about pull! Can you say I missed the barn?!?!?! With much practice though one can overcome natural instinct. The screen sounds like a great idea, as well as using a sheet.