Wonder if anyone can check with CMP to see if it is one that they recently sold. If so,would be easy to call it out as Fraud. With the "history" behind this pistol, who would have reparked it?

Hopefully the seller has a sworn affidavits signed by R.G Miller as to the history of the gun and the name of the gunsmith that R.G.Miller hired to repark it.

Jim C

PS I seem to recall, in the movie, "Sands of Iwo Jima", the officer that gave John Wayne the flag, was the actual, real life officer that gave the flag to one of his men in 1945.

This officer survived the war and appeared in the movie.

If memory is correct then the seller lied again.

Edited by jim c 351

Below is the message I sent the seller:

Quite a story. Have any proof? Did the vets involved also refinish the gun?

Here's his response:

We got the gun from an estate sale of a collector (Capt Dryer) in AZ about 10 years ago and the ownership of the pistol with this SN was documented in RG MIllers Diary which was also in the collection.
We just recently started to do the research on the serial number and the names listed in the diary (ltcol CW Johnson, RG Miller) and got the significance. We currently have the notes taken from the diary and may have additional pictures of the diary also.
Here are some links to official documentation validating RG Miller to be on IWO Jima at the time.
I don't have any info on when it was refinished. it would have been nice if they had left it alone.
Edited by TSMGguy