As I said previously, this is what I would request PK to do to your West Hurley. He is going to automatically fix all the production defects, no worry or discussion needed there. The below items will make your West Hurley simply beautiful! Pick and choose what you like
1. Deluxe blue
2. Original Lyman adjustable rear sight
3. PK barrel (get rid of that WH barrel)
4. GI paddle fire control levers converted to Colt type checkered clones with hole in Safety lever.
5. Have the hole filled in a GI magazine catch
6. Install a smooth ejector. I believe Savage made is much better than the Gordon repro ones.
7. Milled fore grip if not so equipped
8. I would request both the 1928 and 1921 operating system (cut down GI actuator for 1921 style - both knurled) This will result in having two buffer pilots, both most likely custom fitted to the pilot hole of your West Hurley.
9. leave the GI frame internals "bright" as to copy the Colt's look
10. bright Savage 1928 bolt
If you replace the barrel, you have the opportunity to go with the A or AC style. I really like the A style.