Photography Practice

Kilroy

Great idea, and fun in theory, but calendars are usually a losing financial proposition...It might be viable as print on demand, but as print to inventory, it's not something I would be willing to try.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Great idea, and fun in theory, but calendars are usually a losing financial proposition...It might be viable as print on demand, but as print to inventory, it's not something I would be willing to try.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

I don't know....most guys on the forum won't help sell the calendar if their clothes are off or maybe that's not the type of calendar you all are taking about.

Ron

Edited by ron_brock

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Maybe if enough people would want? Maybe get a list of board members who would be interested so there would be no extra inventory? Have special dates and such in it like the show and shoots etc. Just a thought. I mean I would be willing to pay pay extra. I know it wouldn't be cheap.

Haha very funny Ron. :)

Andrew

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Maybe if enough people would want? Maybe get a list of board members who would be interested so there would be no extra inventory? Have special dates and such in it like the show and shoots etc. Just a thought. I mean I would be willing to pay pay extra. I know it wouldn't be cheap.

Haha very funny Ron. :)

Andrew

Andrew,

"Full Auto 45" did a calendar on the board in 2007, and while I think he did ok on it overall, he decided not to repeat, and had many calendars remaining that never sold. His calendar also featured some eye candy posed with the various firearms. Print on demand would be the way to go, but it's probably not something that I would attempt myself.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Picked up a FP-45 Liberator, pistol and ammunition is vintage, the box, wooden parts and instructions are reproductions.

Bw5MtHq.jpg

Edited by Kilroy
  • Upvote 1

While Im at it, I realized I never posted pictures of my Reising in this thread. M55 Reising, M1928A1 Thompson and a Raider stiletto and patch.

nPmvQjo.jpgZawdau1.jpg

Edited by Kilroy
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

“We operated in three-man teams, one man with the Springfield, one with an M1, and one with a Thompson submachine gun. The ’03 had the scope. The other men furnished protection for the man with the scope. The use of three-man sniper teams had evolved from the lessons learned during the early stages of jungle warfare… The man who was to function as the sniper would select a suitable position. The second man, acting as an observer, would search the area for targets and the third member of the team placed himself in a position to act as security. Two-man teams had been tried, but it was found that the man not firing could not observe and provide security at the same time."

g4rQKfl.jpg

Edited by Kilroy

• 6 months later...
Im still learning a lot about the camera. Its got a lot more capability than I do. Im also generally not a very creative person so setting up a shot with all the accessories so it looks 'right' is a very frustrating process for me. Like that last post with my trench gun, I took 37 pictures, each one changing a camera settings moving accessories or doing something to try and get a perfect shot, and at that I cant quite say in completely satisfied with that picture. Edited by Kilroy

37 pictures, sounds about right haha. I pretty much never use any auto settings on my camera. Manual mode is for me. Most of my pictures are nature but I want to set up to get some good ones of my guns. I need to invest in some lights and diffusers as I prefer that over flash.

Andrew

I’ve gone through phases, like experimenting with light. Some with natural light outside and trying to use a poster board to diffuse light, inside hanging blankets or whatever to prevent shadows. I don’t know what works best for me. I probably really need serious lights or whatever else but as this photography thing is barely a hobby for me I don’t feel like finding a place to store the extra equipment. Maybe it’s being lazy, I don’t know? I typically use aperture mode and dial the exposure up or down to try and get what I’m looking for. Full manual mode I am not ready for yet.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not really one of my super creative shots, I didnt do anything to set up the picture other than putting the rifle in my fence and take a picture. I put a Battlearms Development collapsible stock, hand guard and French walnut stock set on my AR. I think it looks pretty cool.

ZKoPdeh.jpg

Edit: I swapped out the optic for a poor mans ACOG. Primary Arms 3x with ballistic reticle. Decent for the money, biggest complaint is that there is minimal eye relief. Had to take off the flip up back up sights though.

v2JFxWM.jpg

Edited by Kilroy