Dan,

I've started tracing the gun and my interpretation from the photo of

what the case would look like.

I'll mail it to you this weekend.

Thanks,

Darryl

20210228_141001.jpg

Sandman,

I'm debating on what color felt the interior should be.

I'm thinking gray or light blue what do you think?

Darryl

weapons-arsenal-of-a-special-agent-of-the-fbi-1935-CPMRTT1.jpg

Edited by darrylta

Assuming the gun is not a safe queen: If you're going to use the case to transport it to and from the range, you will probably want an interior color that tends not to show the inevitable lubricant stains and carbon smudges. FBI Thompson cases and Fed Labs Reising cases are lined in dark blue for a reason

A state prison local to me has a Monitor (original purchase still with the same agency). I know the warden,trying to arrange for an inspection. If I can work it out will investigate to see if they also have the case - unless that was a FBI only thing?

Is there an easy way to colorize the black and white FBI photo

that we are using for a pattern?

Darryl

Dan,

The front grip is a repurposed R-75 grip with the magazine well cover filled in

with black walnut.

Darryl

It's a safe queen for sure.

I've shown a lot of my collection at the TCA East shows in Harrisnurg Pa.

Decided not to show it there.

Here is a photo of the Royal Blue felt in a Reising case

.Reising M50.jpg

Dan,

Your assumption is exactly right on the R75 grip modification. You did a great job matching the grain of the old grip grain

Attached is some photos of the R75 grip.

Darryl

BAR11.jpg BAR12.jpg

After further viewing, it appears that your grip was just milled/ sanded down to the recess/ grip screw head.

My Monitor grip had the original slot filled in with a walnut strip, which has a visible rectangle at the

infill strip. I'll take a photo of the bottom of my original grip over the weekend.

As TD would say, all good stuff!

Darryl

Edited by darrylta

Steve,

My Books Trunk case appears to be light blue, but it's a faded weathered dark blue as well.

I'm leaning towards a dark blue or gray.

Can't wait to get it going,

Darryl

1921ac___Case.JPG

Edited by darrylta

I really like the shotgun case, anything Swetnam is excellent!

It is also a faded royal blue IMHO, like my Books Trunk case.

I'll have to get with Greg when it comes time to see felt color options.

Thanks for the input.

I'm also looking to put a small parts leather pouch and the Monitor web pouch

in the case as well.

Darryl

A lot of period cases have black interiors. Depends on the look you want, but if you go blue it will always look shiny new like unless you age it? Some guys love the west hurley cases with the shiny blue or red interior with the plastic handles?

Personally I like my 100 year old stuff to look at least 40 years old, minty old vs. brand new.

Some nice photos of cases!!

The sweatnam shotgun case is missing the cleaning rod section, but they are cool for sure!

Edited by johnsonlmg41

A state prison local to me has a Monitor (original purchase still with the same agency). I know the warden,trying to arrange for an inspection.

Hiya Nate,

can you share the agency that holds the Monitor in your area? I've been trying to trace all Monitors made and sold and I have already found more than the 125 mentioned by Ballou in his book ROCK AND A HARD PLACE. I'm also after the serial and the year they acquired the weapon, not sure if you have that. Many thanks!

Cheers

HANS

A state prison local to me has a Monitor (original purchase still with the same agency). I know the warden,trying to arrange for an inspection.

Hiya Nate,

can you share the agency that holds the Monitor in your area? I've been trying to trace all Monitors made and sold and I have already found more than the 125 mentioned by Ballou in his book ROCK AND A HARD PLACE. I'm also after the serial and the year they acquired the weapon, not sure if you have that. Many thanks!

Cheers

HANS

Hans, I will start a thread when I get to inspect the weapon and get you the serial number and agency name in PM. I don't want to put any of that in a public post to prevent the agency from being burdoned by collectors/dealers hungry to buy a monitor from an original owner.

Hans, I will start a thread when I get to inspect the weapon and get you the serial number and agency name in PM. I don't want to put any of that in a public post to prevent the agency from being burdoned by collectors/dealers hungry to buy a monitor from an original owner.

Thanks, that's fair.

Cheers

HANS