Is this ammo Thompson safe?

As long as its going thru a Hurley or a beater 28 military you should be good to go. When i used my Colts to shoot only had maybe five i would care to shoot mainly used a Hurley and a 28 military pre sample. i still used decent ammo. And never steel cased. even on my carry 45 auto use decent stuff no wad cutters or alum. case or reloads. But heck anybody can shoot what they want no cost to me if they blow off a part on the gun. The cheapest people in the world are mg shooters. Let me shoot this crap thru my $20 grand plus gun and be done with it.

Ask that one guy who blew up his FG-42 with some late war 8mm how it feels

i say if you have to shoot crap thru the gun don't shoot at all.

i would shoot that ammo in a handgun first to see the performance a low cost handgun.good luck. and it better be under 20 bucks a box for it.RON K.

Read the 8th post by dawgsquat in the following Arfcom thread on CCC head stamp ammunition.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Anyone_know_anything_about_this__30_carbine_ammo_/16-337042/

Fourth post here has the same info.

https://forum.cartridgecollectors.org/t/chinese-30-carbine-7-62x33-hs-to-be-clarified/34596

Google is your friend. No idea if the information is accurate.

Edited by Bridgeport28A1

Great read... Thanks.

As Respected Ron mentioned before - why shoot crap through a high $ gun? I use S&B 45acp or my reloads only. And right now I ain't buying any ammo.

If you need it - pay up. The articles referenced by Bridgeport28A1 seem to all say this stuff is corrosive. I would take that for granted. Someone thought a corrosive primed ammo was OK... I ended up replacing a lot of parts on his gun because he never cleaned it later using that ammo. Surprisingly, that was a .308 in an M1A. And the ammo was S&B!

Edited by giantpanda4

Isn't the only real danger to a thompson a squib load in full auto? Otherwise mine seems to be sherman tank tough and I'm not afraid to shoot anything out of it. although I've never shot steel case from it. All I've ever shot from my thompson is my carefully handcrafted reloads. I'm not sure I want to own a firearm I'm afraid to shoot.

R/s, Hiller...................