WTK: Marking on MP40 ctxt...

Hello, I have a question about an MP40 that I own. It looks to have a giant E on the top of the receiver. I thought perhaps it was put there to help site the gun in or perhaps as an internal production stamp. Well, anyway, I started talking to a fellow collector online and he said that he would talk to a German MP40 expert at the Show of Shows which he did. The fellow collector emailed me and said that the guy he spoke to thought it is probably a Gate Vilnius mark like the ones found on the Browning Hi Powers. These guns were supposedly issued to Lithuanian troops and the mark resembles a famous castle in Vilnius. I had never heard of such a thing but did find some articles on the web. So I was just wondering what everyone thinks of this. Are these marks real or are they fakes? The one on my gun looks real and I have never seen another MP40 marked like this. So does the guy know what he is talking about or is he full of it? Just curious...

Hello, this gun is not an Erb tube gun. It is an original C&R gun coded 122 40. I contacted both Alex Cruiming who had no idea what it is and Bergflak just got back to me and said he has no idea either. I don't know how to post pics but can send them to your email Bubba so watch your inbox. Take care, Haenelistklasse