Thompson Gages For Sale

Well finally worked out the details on how we are going to sell the gages and put them on gunbroker. Includes the George Goll gage and a new gage that is not identified. Pictures are on the website. The reserve is not far off from the opening bid. Tracie Hill inspected and documented most of this collection but several more gages have been found since and are included in the lot. Please let me know if any questions.

Thompson Gages on Gunbroker.

Damon

http://www.tommygunner.com/pages/accessories/gages/images/gages.jpg

Very nice Damon, I wish you the best on the auction, I only hope they go someplace where a thompson nut might be able to see them if the mood struck. I remember seeing a George Goll drum dent removal tool sell once, seems like it went for several hundred so your starting/reserve price is probably fair market value for a collection like that. Be a fun auction to watch.

Dan

Damon--

Don't you need those for your Thompson repair work or do you use newer tools now?

Well that was fast. SPF

Phill/Dan These are sold to my first choice and I am sure will be available to all who would like to see them. Best possible scenario for all of us. I am not going to disclose who the lucky new owner is but I am sure most of us can figure it out.

Sgt...these are really good for production where you would need to inspect dimentions quickly. Since we do one offs... dial caliper works just fine.

They found a good home!

Damon

Arthur...the reserve was $3500...the sale price was over the reserve.

Z...What happened was another well respected collector (other than yourself)...that is gracious enough to make his collection available to us poor saps that have an interest...made us a reasonable offer. I think that the gages could have possibly brought a little more but out of concern for thier future and with no current bids, we accepted the offer and closed the auction on the buyers word.

I am sorry for all who were interested and did not get a chance to bid but I strongly feel that they ended up in a place that we will all have access to them. That takes a load off of me. I really did not want them to dissappear into a collection and have some widow find them and sell them off to someone who rips her off and breaks up the collection because she did not know what they were...or something.

Damon