• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Oldtrooper

Oldtrooper

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:47 AM

This is a 1926 manufactured Remington Model 8 in 35 Remington caliber. It took my son, who is a gunsmith over a year to find all the parts he needed to do a complete restoration on this rifle. Among the replacement parts are a new bolt carrier, bushings and a recoil spring. He also added a stock, as someone had cut the original to add a recoil pad. He added a Lyman tang sight, and Marbles barrel sights. To finish it off he blued the rifle. It's an accurate shooter, that he took two deer with last season.

These were among the weapons used to take out Bonnie and Clyde by law enforcement.

Attached Files

#2 StooperZero

StooperZero

Long Time Member

• Board Donor
  • 643 posts
  • Interests:WW2 LMG/GPMG.

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:20 PM

wow very nice,  i bet it was a bear putting it back together. 

i still haven't found one.

#3 dalbert

dalbert

Website Owner

• Admin
  • 4806 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:41 PM

This is a 1926 manufactured Remington Model 8 in 35 Remington caliber. It took my son, who is a gunsmith over a year to find all the parts he needed to do a complete restoration on this rifle. Among the replacement parts are a new bolt carrier, bushings and a recoil spring. He also added a stock, as someone had cut the original to add a recoil pad. He added a Lyman tang sight, and Marbles barrel sights. To finish it off he blued the rifle. It's an accurate shooter, that he took two deer with last season.

These were among the weapons used to take out Bonnie and Clyde by law enforcement.

Your Model 8 is beautiful, and I like the backdrop for the photo.  

My Model 8 was also made in 1926, and is in .35 Rem.  It has a barrel date code of "PT" for June 1926 manufacture, and a Marble Sheard front sight.

Attached File  IMG_1840.jpg   20.38K   10 downloads

Thanks for posting!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com