Guide Lamp M3

Thinking about picking up this Guide Lamp M3. I know very little about these guns. Never owned nor fired one. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Cheers

Sandman1957

Odd that the Guide Lamp stamping is blocked by the mag release.....

Thinking about picking up this Guide Lamp M3. I know very little about these guns. Never owned nor fired one. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Cheers

Sandman1957

Odd that the Guide Lamp stamping is blocked by the mag release.....

Mine is the same way. And, of course, the guard for the magazine release button was a later modification.

The pictures look good and I agree about the location of the Guide logo, mine is in the same place.

I like the rate of fire, but I know that some people consider it too slow and do not enjoy it.

A feature I enjoy is the ability to quickly and easily swap back and forth with a suppressed barrel. That is something harder to do with most guns of the era.

What suppressor do you use / recommend.

I have had two integrals and both are very effective. SCRC makes one that looks like the OSS units but has modern internals. It works great but is a little longer and heavier than the one I have by JA Ciener.

What suppressor do you use / recommend.

I have had two integrals and both are very effective. SCRC makes one that looks like the OSS units but has modern internals. It works great but is a little longer and heavier than the one I have by JA Ciener.

Tim Bixler owner of SCRC passed away not too long

ago so I would not expect to see any new ones since he was

a one man show.

Its an original Bell Labs suppressor. Next time I am there I will see what is on it. I do think it was registered back in the day and may have some scrawling on it. Will run that down next time I am there. Yes it is transferable, and no it isn't for sale. If it was, I'd be the new owner... much poorer, but still the new owner.

Edited by Sandman1957

JJX post some photos of your suppressors.

I sold the OSS copy and cannot find any photos, but the front section was a little larger in diameter than the original one you showed us.

Here is my JAC version. They sounded about the same.

fullsizeoutput_541.jpeg

The memory of the first time I fired mine still brings a silly grin to my face .

Sitting at a table on a 100 yd range with a target at 50 . " Fired" a couple on an empty chamber to get the feel of the action sound . Put in a 30 round mag and took aim and did a quick pull and release . The action closed . I thought " dang it , must not had the mag seated , it failed to pick one up " . Then came the sound of brass bouncing down the concrete slab . " What ? " I thought and looked right . Then the thunk of hitting the cardboard . Another " what ? " as I looked there . Then I looked at the gun . Bolt locked back . " Nooooooo " , I thought , " No way ! " . But it was true .

Chris