Wierd Tsmg Variant

It looks to me like a 28 reciever - made up from scratch. The bosses on the side are added, and the thing looks about 1.5" too short. Note that there is no drum slots, either. For the hinge on the rear, you would have had to start with a solid blank (80%??) and carve away the thing. I don't think someone messed up a perfectly good gun for this, just made it from prints or an 80% slug.

I would like a field report on the function of this as well. Anyone else ever heard of it other than this post? How light is the bolt? What spring is in it? When was it made? No more info on this Company?

Too many questions - no way to get data.

Frusturating! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/mad.gif

QUOTE (21 smoker @ Jun 24 2004, 09:30 AM)
Hey Ron,..I just came across L.E.S. sales broucher from 1971(?) with a 21 on the cover....found it in a flea market in Mt.Dora FL...that`s funny you bring them up...Pulaski?...you mean Crawford don`t you? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

crawford from north to about 33rd after that it was pulaski. from the polish general from the war,farther south past 112 or so back to crawford go figure.........bit of chi-town history...i lived there for 45 year's before moving to the 'sahara" belt............good time's. yep that 1971 L.E.S.catalog......... mike and morrie rojak good people.. mike i heard lives in florida someplace,morrie is gone...........they did the first handgun in moron {morton}grove il.monogram model's hometown,

and the first town that banned handgun's............wink!! take care,ron

Looks like they took an M1/M1A1 receiver and welded the cocking channel (you can see the weld on the closeup up by the RPB stamping) and then milled out the top end to accept a 21/28 style cocking knob. I suspect there's a modified M1A1 bolt in there rather than a 21/28 style with actuator and Blish. It also looks like they just "lightened" the receiver/lower at the same time by milling away the ledge in several spots as you can see the contiguous mill marks. Mated it to a '28 barrel (or maybe even machined some fins into a M1 barrel) and then add some threads for a suppressor (kind of thin threads though).

Interesting modification.

While not at all traditional, I like the looks of it.

It does need cut outs for a drum though :-)

BASS6621

It looks like it would have to have a cut down M1 bolt to fit in the cut down receiver.

With such a short stroke and lighter bolt, I wonder how fast it cycles. Probably 1200-1300 http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif , like a MAC 10 .45.

I don't think a drum would keep up in it.

Nrom