After The Ban Dies

What line of finely selected bs do you think the antis will take after the ban sunsets and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENS?

The crime rate may move around by .02% (.0002), which is stastistical nonsense, but I highly doubt there'll be a mad rush by bad guys to buy a post-post ban weapon and go shoot up the streets. Actually, the post-ban guns that are politically correct just might drop in price to where almost anybody could buy one.

What say you? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/dry.gif

I highly doubt there'll be a mad rush by bad guys to buy a post-post ban weapon and go shoot up the streets.

I highly doubt it too, and that's because they've already got lots of high power armament. No law ever stopped the bad guys from getting or doing whatever they wanted in spite of the law, or from committing crimes - that's why they're called criminals.

We should never tire of reminding our legislators that the only people affected by laws are the law-abiding, which is why the ban never made sense to begin with. Now if there's some OTHER reason our government would find advantage in having a disarmed citizenry ...

Think it can't happen here?

Think it can't happen here?

Just Look at what happened to crime statistics in the UK after their weapons were banned. The Feinsteins and the Brady bunch want to see a huge increase in crime, they are going about it the right way. They will help bring about the problem they "claim" they are trying to prevent. Either they are even dumber than they look, or they think we are- take your pick.

When kommerad Feinstein stated the AWB made the streets safer, I believe she was referring to herself and her communist ilk. It made her bid to stay in power that much stronger. Heck, with the pee-on subjects unarmed she could do what she wanted without any opposition.

As far as those individuals who do not care to follow the law are concerned, I remember those two scumbags, who shot up that neighborhood in CA after a bank robbery several years ago, were using illegaly altered full-autos, and illegaly imported full-autos. Of course, the news media refused to seperate that fact from the individuals who go through all the red tape to own a LEGAL full-auto. As far as the lefty news media was concerned, they were in the same boat together. It was another feather in the anti's cap of supporting the AWB.

Scott

Guys, I believe that the press has been under-reporting any criminal use of any so called "assault rifles" for some time now. Possibly at least, since the begining of the "assault weapons"ban. Why? of course, it appears to the average non-firearms owning person that the use of these weapons has dropped significantly..Of course if the ban is not somehow magically renewed, the press will report any negative story that they can find relating to any mis-use of any of these so-called "assault rifles" Making it appear that the ban was effective! Remember, the press works hand in hand with these people..

Under the heading of manipulative window dressing ... I watched some coverage of the push to get the AWB renewal bill passed, and saw how they trotted out victim after victim - Brady for example, and a slew of people whose loved ones had been the victims of gun violence. One can't help but feel for these poor souls whose lives are forever changed, but of all these tragedies there wasn't a single instance where a "banned" weapon had been used!

As much as I sympathize with these victims, I have to ask how their testimony is relevant to the case at hand when the deaths and injuries didn't involve "assault" weapons or "high capacity" magazines. The presence of these witnesses - no matter how sorry one may feel for them - is an insulting and shameless exploitation of grief to promote an agenda - - - and just as irrelevant as the testimony of a DUI victim in a building collapse case.

Edited by Bob B

It was my experience as a law enforcement officer that criminals don't really care what a weapon looks like, or the quality (or lack there of). Most of the weapons we've confiscated connected with crimes have been cheap .25 and .380 automatics. The most dangerous weapon I personally faced was a Mossberg M500 field gun.

The police department I initially worked for sent me to the ILEA with another new officer. He and I became good friends, and though he left the department after a couple of years to become a deputy sheriff we stay in contact regularly. Several weeks ago his younger brother was shot and killed in Indianapolis by a 10-96 subject (mental) with a semi automatic version of the AK. Four other IPD officers were wounded in the gun battle. One IPD officer, though wounded emptied an entire AR 15 magazine in the shootout, and finally killed the shooter with his duty weapon inside the perps home as he was reloading a magazine.

This is the first actual use of an assualt type rifle in a crime that I can remember in my area. It has opened a big can of worms in the Indianapolis area and surrounding counties regarding these weapons. I'm sure some of the guys who live in or around Indy are familiar with the shooting.

Steve

Yes it was pretty well covered on the Sturm NFA Semi Board. According to the newspaper reports posted it was an SKS that was used..I for one don't see a non-modified SKS as an Assault rifle...but.....others will...

The "Media" will always have it's agenda on controlling our thoughts.. such as when they report motorcycle accidents... they are always quick to make the statement "and the rider was not wearing a helmet"....even if the poor sod was hit by a Mack truck and his whole body was crushed except for his uninjured head....they never report a fatality on a motorcycle and say " the rider was wearing a helmet"..

That shooting in Indy happened only about 3 miles from my house (current). TV said the officer that was 1st shot and the one killed (Jake) were shot from over 150 yards away. I had to see. The 1st officer shot was about 100 FEET from the bad guy, and the officer killed was across the street from the bad guy. Maybe 150 feet away, if that. But as Deputy 89C6 said, the officer that shot and killed the bad guy emptied a 30 round mag from his AR15 at the bad guy and never hit him. It was only when the bad guy ran out of ammo in his SKS, that the wounded officer charged him and hit him in the head with the butt of his AR and then both drew pistols and the officer shot the bad guy 4 times at close range. The made such a deal about the 7.62x39 rounds saying they pierced the body armour and killed the officer. Wrong. He was shot once in the throat area and once under his arm that went into his heart. Now IPD has 834 M16's. But get this, they are being converted to semi auto only by a gunsmith! The bad guy was hospitalized earlier this year for mental illness. IPD took his guns away. He had the SKS and 3-4 shot guns and 2-3 pistols in his house. After he was released from the mental ward, they gave them all back! Oops! Now they are trying to figure out how that happened. The slip up by IPD was only mentioned once on TV and in one paragraph in the paper the first day. Not once since.

And the media always mentions the SKS "assault rifle". Just like the motorcyclist that wasn't wearing his helmet when he was killed on the highway the other day. But they forgot to say that he was running over 100mph and hit the back of a pickup truck and was thrown over the truck into on coming traffic and run over by 2 trucks before they could stop.

I love the picture of bin laden and the AK 47...I didn`t know he was in the U.S. with a semi AK`on the street corner`....and here we are waisting all these resources looking for him overseas...and he is in NY city posing for cnn and brady... wow...do you think there will be a sunrise after the sunset?... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Did anyone catch good morning america the other morning???? Diane Sawyer asked "Why would anyone need to shoot 700 rds per minute!!!!!!!!! you would have to have a fast finger to pull the trig 700 times in a minute!! why does the media want to scare the public so bad??? during the good morning america interview they used the la bank robbery footage showing the guy firing the FA ak, its like anymore the media is so biased angainst anything having to do with a gun. It pisses me off cause now that many more people think that FA ak's are going to be back on the street, for some reason the media has everyone thinking that the awb banned full auto weapons

I'm not sticking up for the liberal media...please don't get that idea, but the media along with many ignorant American citizens base many of their ideas on issues such as weapons from the movies and television.

How many times has an action movie hero, or villian simply walked into the corner Army Surplus, or gun shop and walked out with a fully functioning M60. Uzi, M79, ect.

It's kind of like the entertaining CSI programs on CBS. Very much of what these people do to solve crimes is BS meant for entertainment. In reality much of what they do is BS. However, many people, (including my own wife) seem to think that what they do is everyday common police work.

Hollywood and television are basically believing their own manufactured propogana, and many people unfortunately still think if it's on TV...it's a fact.

Steve