63 members have voted

1. 1. Wolf Steel Case

• I have and would again.
    • I have and never will again
    • I never have and never will
    • I roll my own excluseively

Tried to save some bucks and ran some .223 through my HK53. The laquer coating fouled the micro-grooves in the chamber, and the steel cases broke my extractor and bent my ejector.

What I saved in coins was more than spent on repairs.

I'm a "once did, never again guy" sorry.

Ken

I use Wolf (Poly coat not Laq) in everything I have. Except the MP5. I don't like the idea of steel case in the fluted chamber. That opinion was formed many years ago when laquer coated cases were the only option but I'll wait and see how folks do with the polymer coated stuff in H&Ks.

Bob D

I've shot thousands of rounds of Wolf.

I like the .45 in either lacquer or polymer coating. Runs well in both the Savage 1928A1 and in the M10.

I swore by the 9mm lacquer coated, but the latest 9mm with the polymer coating has been inconsistent; too much flash out the ejection port, sometime LOTS of burning powder ejected. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Some light loads as well; Not a good thing in f/a. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

I think I may pass on any more 9mm, but will stick with the .45.

I don't find that there is that much of a savings on Wolf - there is good South African, and other off shore ammo which is brass cased, boxer primed, and at around the same price - at least in Montana.

It just scares me to shoot Wolf after I have had problems with it the past. I don't mind shooting garbage in the sten or Uzi as replacement parts are cheap. Not in the 28 or 21 however.

Shooting it in the Kimber handguns is out of the question as it starts to jam after around 50 - 60 rounds. Slide will not go home all the way unless you push on the rear of the slide.

Will not feed in the Robinson arms 96 top feed. Jams from the get go!

I have not tried the new coating however....

Despite the negative commentary, Wolf is leading the early returns. I've only shot it through my 1911 and had no problems. My NRA instructor buddy who teaches classes for armed security guards uses Wolf almost esclusively and has only 2 misfires out of several thousands But all the stories on this site have me leery about its ues in full auto. Get your votes in now or forever hold your peace, as they say....