A New Addition Has Been Delivered

Well after sending in paperwork 4 1/2 months ago my M1A1 was finally delivered to the house yesterday. I snapped this one up a short time after it was posted on Sturmgewehr.com and there was a few disappointed people here that missed it. Sorry, again. It is in very nice shape with the upper and lower matching. It is U.S. Property marked and has all the normal acceptance stamps.

I did swap out the M1A1 bolt and put in an M1 bright bolt. Not sure where this one has been sitting but it doesn't appear to have been abused or used much. Here's a picture if I can get this to work right:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/FirstSergeant/100_4324.jpg

Thanks to all !!!

The range session had to be postponed...something about spring cleaning and to justfy a trip to the Creek I felt that was the right choice. !!? I either shoot at my Dept's range or a local gun club which for the time being still allows FA fire. I believe a Place in Sharonville (Target World) has certain nights set aside for SMG's.

Kendra Tate was my examiner who actually returned a phone call at the 4 month mark "waiting on prints from the FBI." Last year, with other examiners, I had one transfer take 14 wks (Reising) and another 14 1/2 weeks (1928AC). These are from the time I sent the paperwork in and not the pending dates. Looks like things are slowing down a bit but at least they are still approving them.

Chuck

Have fun with it and be safe! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Range Report:

Well I finally took a few minutes from spring cleaning and garden tilling to put a few rounds down range last Friday. The gun ran flawless. I did feel kinda guilty for using Russian Wolf ammo the first time I shot it but it's all had with me at the time. It was the older non-polymer coated ammo but it fed and ejected perfectly. No noticable melting in the chamber/barrel. I also tried several "shooter" mags I got from Tapco that were on sale a few months ago. Surprisingly there were no issues with them either.

Looks like I got another winner !!

Chuck