WTS Colt 21a, accessories including original Indiana case

With Davids permission, Im offering for sale my Colt 21a Thompson with accessories. Retirement is getting near and its time to thin the herd a bit.

This Thompson is a very low 4-digit serial number and was purchased in 1921 by the Baldwin Felts Railroad Detective agency in Roanoke Va. Baldwin Felts agents were frequently used as coal mine security and strike breakers in the 20s and 30s. Quite a number of the early Thompsons were bought by the agency after the loss of several agents in 1921 at the Matewan massacre in WVa. After the agency closed in 1939, the weapon was purchased by the Virginia State Police and was housed at their Wytheville 4th Division headquarters.

The 21a comes with an original, very rare Indiana case, one of only 8 or so known, several Colt era mags, original Oiler, two Colt era drums, some reprint paperwork, an original rod, a Gordon repro parts kit, and extensive historical records.

The gun and accessories are priced at $55,000. I live 60 miles west of Dulles airport and would welcome someone who wants to examine the piece in person. A few photos are attached. If interested parties would like to see more photos, please email me at snipershot1944@yahoo.com

post-595-0-71552100-1613872558_thumb.jpeg

• Upvote 1

This is a thing we all may have to face, especially if the heirs have no interest in the hobby.

I myself may start thinning the herd as well. I'll be very patient though :-)

Darryl