The Highwaymen

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 StrangeRanger

StrangeRanger

• Regular Group
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:20 PM

Bonnie's got herself a modified Thompson...fires from a closed, non-reciprocating bolt :)

Maybe the armorers found a way to adapt an Uzi top cover to a 21 :rolleyes:

#22 Waffen Und Bier

Waffen Und Bier

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Like the name says "Guns and beer" (and really hot chicks who like guns and beer).

Posted 09 April 2019 - 02:40 PM

Didn't mean to start another thread about the movie. I missed the Bonnie and Clyde movie thread (partially because my phone only shows a couple subjects). I caught that about the non reciprocating actuator second time I watched it (hate digital gun flash). I liked both Costner and Harrelson in their parts. Funny how Harrslson usually type cast as a psycho, a goof or a nut, plays a great good guy. Sorta like Costner playing a good guy forever, then plays one of the best top five movie bad guys ever in 3000 Miles to Graceland (like Denzel Washington in Training Day).

#23 prozach

prozach

• Regular Group
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:14 PM

I'm sure they just used computers to add the muzzle flash...which, if I were in such a movie, would be very disappointing to not actually get to shoot the dang thing.

Bonnie's got herself a modified Thompson...fires from a closed, non-reciprocating bolt :)

Maybe the armorers found a way to adapt an Uzi top cover to a 21 :rolleyes:

#24 anticus

anticus

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:History, ancient coins, antiques of all descriptions.

Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:54 AM

Got to watch it tonight. It was well done. As people have written, Costner and Harrelson were as advertised. Cars, guns, and scenery were all great too. I was not aware there was such a thing as the bullet proof suit that Mike Hammer wore. Ridiculous looking contraption. It was time well-spent.

John

I was told the "Robot" get-up that I wore in the film was made up from drawings of armor from that time period but I never learned if such a thing really existed. I actually could see pretty well out of the small window although my peripheral vision was limited. Had a working light on top, really just for show. The hardest part was holding the '21 Thompson w/50 rd drum with one arm. I'm always amazed at the money spent on Hollywood films, I seem to recall the prop guy telling me it cost something like 20 or 30 grand to fab the suit up. Costner got a kick out of it. Actor William Sadler was fascinated by "The Robot" as were all the kids playing background actors. I think that scene was meant to show the how the feds were sometimes ridiculous in their methods to stop the deadly duo.
Mike Hammer

Your character does have a cut on the soundtrack album, “Metal Man”. You can check it out on iTunes.

#25 Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 868 posts
  • Interests:Travel, sun worshiper, margaritas, hot chicks, painting, scuba diving, movies, collecting movie memorabilia and autographs, guns, hot chicks, micro-beers, hot chicks, and did I say hot chicks?

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:47 PM

Got to watch it tonight. It was well done. As people have written, Costner and Harrelson were as advertised. Cars, guns, and scenery were all great too. I was not aware there was such a thing as the bullet proof suit that Mike Hammer wore. Ridiculous looking contraption. It was time well-spent.

John

I was told the "Robot" get-up that I wore in the film was made up from drawings of armor from that time period but I never learned if such a thing really existed. I actually could see pretty well out of the small window although my peripheral vision was limited. Had a working light on top, really just for show. The hardest part was holding the '21 Thompson w/50 rd drum with one arm. I'm always amazed at the money spent on Hollywood films, I seem to recall the prop guy telling me it cost something like 20 or 30 grand to fab the suit up. Costner got a kick out of it. Actor William Sadler was fascinated by "The Robot" as were all the kids playing background actors. I think that scene was meant to show the how the feds were sometimes ridiculous in their methods to stop the deadly duo.
Mike Hammer

Your character does have a cut on the soundtrack album, “Metal Man”. You can check it out on iTunes.

Your pulling my leg...right?

Mike Hammer

#26 ppgcowboy

ppgcowboy

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 884 posts
  • Interests:Guns, aviation, didgeridoo, banjo, metal detecting.

Posted 26 April 2019 - 05:11 PM

<https://m.youtube.co...h?v=HJ1Yw3zsBxo>

This is what he is talking about.

#27 Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 868 posts
  • Interests:Travel, sun worshiper, margaritas, hot chicks, painting, scuba diving, movies, collecting movie memorabilia and autographs, guns, hot chicks, micro-beers, hot chicks, and did I say hot chicks?

Posted 26 April 2019 - 05:30 PM

<https://m.youtube.co...h?v=HJ1Yw3zsBxo>

This is what he is talking about.

Well how about that, I like it!

MH

#28 ghostsoldier

ghostsoldier

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:WW2 history, gangsters, Public Enemies and G-Men history

Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:58 PM

Yeah, the whole album is really good. :)

Rob

#29 anticus

anticus

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:History, ancient coins, antiques of all descriptions.

Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:18 PM

Thomas Newman, the composer, also did the music for “Road to Perdition” and “The Shawshank Redemption” among others. His father was Oscar winning composer Alfred Newman, and Thomas himself has been nominated for the award 14 times.

#30 ghostsoldier

ghostsoldier

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:WW2 history, gangsters, Public Enemies and G-Men history

Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:46 PM

Thomas Newman, the composer, also did the music for “Road to Perdition” and “The Shawshank Redemption” among others. His father was Oscar winning composer Alfred Newman, and Thomas himself has been nominated for the award 14 times.

Yeah, he's my all-time favorite composer, even over John Williams (who was Newman's protege, early on). Thomas is also scoring the upcoming film "Tolkien", a biopic of J.R.R. Tolkien (of Lord of the Rings fame) due out next month.

Rob

#31 DeaconKC

DeaconKC

• Regular Group
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Collecting and shooting vintage guns, active in my Church, married for 35 years, retired parole agent

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:50 PM

I'm glad I read you guys' reviews, I had skipped this show. Watched it today and enjoyed it. I am especially surprised at what a good effort came from Harrelson. Thanks guys!

Edited by DeaconKC, 17 May 2019 - 07:51 PM.

#32 horsemarine

horsemarine

• Regular Group
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Researcher/hobbyist. Primarily U.S. Martial Arms, Spanish American War and forward

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:06 AM

Good catch

#33 darrylta

darrylta

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2444 posts
  • Interests:Collecting; Thompson SMGs, Commercial BAR's and Colt circa 1920's / 30's handguns. Life Time NRA, NFATCA, WVCDL, USCCA & TCA member and a Constitutional Conservative aka,,, a Tea Party Guy.

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:44 AM

Got to  watch the movie last night on my very slow satellite receiver. Of course my favorite part

was when Frank was showing the fire power of the Monitor. Very cool indeed!

Love the history,

Darryl