MP40 Parts Kit At Auction

Did anyone else see the MP40 parts kit on gunbroker that sold for $3800 last night? It was a nice kit but not that nice. It did have a very rare mag coded 122 38. The barrel was a bit pitted though and the endcap was marked fxo 42. I still think there was a shill bidder. A guy with a no rating just happened to sign up for the auction midway through. I did not bid but was watching intently.It was a Battle Royale at the end. There are still deals to be had every now and again. I was able to snag an original MP40 mag pouch in the last couple weeks that nobody bid on. I sent pics to Alex Cruiming (mp40.nl) and he said that he would have instantly bought it at the price I paid and I thought I paid a bit too much but am happy that I found it. It is only the second one I bought in 20 years.

• 3 weeks later...

Here was the auction:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/809307010

The lower had a nice finish wear/originality with matching numbers that was a plus. Looked like an unmessed with hook charging handle bolt too. I have to dig out my slabsided mags! They are pretty!

TC

Edited by ThompsonCrazy

• 4 weeks later...

has the 1940 style charging handle...that bolt is worth a bit extra...ive seen barrels sell $750+, maybe that bolt is $500-750?

i sold a decent/blah kit for $2200 a while back....not nearly as nice as this one, but i think this one went $800 over its value...maybe someone had to have that bolt?