Wanted Update On Old Post

I remember an old post about a Police Chief who was going to destroy a Colt Thompson, as a political statement against criime. I wasn't successful in a search; I believe it appeared on the old board. If memory serves me, it was either Dillinger's Thompson, or some other notable gangster's. Do any of you remember that article? Anyone know what finally happened to that gun?

The last I heard was they nearly had the chief run out of town on a rail when he said he wanted to destroy that Dillinger Thompson. The chief said that after rethinking the idea, he would keep the gun at the station maybe on display. He found out that people were offering as much as a cool million for the gun. I haven't seen anything in the papers lately. If I do, I'll let you'all know.

Yes, it was in Crown Point, Indiana. I haven't heard if it's still there. I was near there a few weeks ago but didn't stop to ask. I have a friend who lives near there; I'll ask him.

The "other Dillinger gun", a 28 Navy Colt, is in a museum in Racine, Wisconsin. It used to be on display at the P.D. there. Now ya gotta pay to see it. It's the one with Dillinger's name quite handsomely carved in the buttstock. I was impressed when I saw the neatness of that! Or is that "The Nearness of You"? Sorry...

Ron