Gents, I will start moving some inherited guns in the not so distant future. Uncle passed a few years back, and now its time to move his stuff. No NFA items, but there are likely some gems in there. While I am fairly well versed in Thompsons and other NFA subguns, I am very ignorant on other guns such as older side by side shotguns, older rifles etc. If it isn't military it didn't get on my radar.
I am starting by trying to price out some bookends. Any one who wants to PM me with advice or interest, or links to review on a gun please feel free. But no... I don't intend to give them away.
Here's a partial list of things that I am starting to photograph and look up:
Side by Sides:
- A.H. Fox Sterlingworth side by side, 12 ga SN 126XXX pistol grip stock with good color case hardened lock, bluing and checkering. Better than any I have ever seen.
- Browning Belgium Superposed Lightning Trap O/U; like new, SN 16xxx-S69.
- Lefever Nitro Special 16 ga 2823xx reblued. solid gun, I could be wrong but the whole thing is blued, I thought the receiver would be color case hardened...
- Parker Bros 12 ga 28" BBL 1423xx Fancy walnut Straight stock with pad, single "miller" trigger, Frame 1 1/2, Grade 3 DH
Manufactured 1907 Barrel Weight marked 3.15. Beautiful gun, but has issues. Letter from Parker dudes said out of the factory it had 30" inch barrels. At some point a midget had it customized to himself.
-Browning Belgium Double Auto "twentyweight" 12 ga,grade one, plane barrel in the original box. SN range 5A485XX Looks brand new.
- Remington 12 ga Model 58 71xxv Sportsman 58 in VG condition.
- Winchester model 42, 410 SN 147xx 26" bbl, vent rib, full choke. 3" chamber. Drop dead gorgeous.
- Winchester model 42, 410 SN 11879xx 28" bbl, no rib . Drop dead gorgeous.
- Winchester Model 62A .22 S, L, LR SN 2434xx, Post WWII (1948) 80% scratches on L side of reciever
Single shot and or Bolt Action
PF Sedgley 30-06 on a WWI Mauser action SN 1900 beautiful walnut stock. J Unertyl 4x Hawk scope (later scope).
FN 1951 220 swift Rifle 176XX Pistol Grip stock with black endcap and forend, weaver K10 Scope.
All of these are very good guns. I will post some basic photos later. More can follow to those interested.
My intent is to get some idea of the values that I need to ask. Don't ask what do you want for it, because I do not know. Asking that question assures you of zero responses. Once I know I will post.
Edited by Sandman1957, 22 May 2019 - 10:13 PM.