Fun Things To Shoot At

QUOTE (Hawkeye_Joe @ Jul 5 2004, 01:06 PM)
Also a Buffalo herd moves at the speed of the slowest member of the herd...predators catch and kill  off these slower/weaker animals  and in doing so increases the speed and efficiency of the herd.  As we all know alchohol kills brain cells but, as with the buffalo, it kills off the slower weaker brain cells first making the brain a faster more efficient organ..this is why you always feel a lil smarter after a couple of beers......

I'll drink to that! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Phil, It was a thought... something had to explain how .308 and 9MM and Buffalo rifle rounds were "bouncing off" of plastic coated wooden Shmoo's....Like I said before.. why isn't the military using this super plastic on its armored fighting vehicles?? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Do you not care if you or anyone else gets shot?

Well yeah ....I said that in my very first post when I agreed with Norm...

But you had the best advise of all:

To be 100% (or at least 99.9%) sure that your target won't throw a round back at you, stick with soft targets. They are messy though, but no ricochets. Milk jugs full of water have nice effect, and water just dries up.

Remember, when it comes to firearms: better safe than sorry!

Then again in my second post:

If I were the Second Chance Co. and people were being hit by richochets I would look for new targets. 

If I had a "collection" of rounds I'd been hit with .. I'd step back a lil more and show up at matches looking like a "bomb defuser" . 

I think this subject has been beaten worse than a dead horse.....no matter what anyone says, some one will say that it "Happened to them." Or "It couldn't happen."....I'm signing off of it as of now....

It is really amazing that even though it is spelled out in black and white people still can't see it. I never said that a .308 would bounce off, but somehow that's how you read it. It's like when people ask me questions about an auction I am running, like "how much is shipping" when it is stated right there in the auction. Just READ the darn thing!!! My original posts were not to enhance my ego, they were to warn people of the dangers I saw and experienced. I had nothing to gain by them. Now you have me out to be some bad guy. So now I have learned my lesson, if I see someone that needs help or is about to endanger themselves I will just keep on walking. That is what this country has come to. Hawkeye_Joe, you must be the smartest person in your world, all hail to you. Go ahead an quote me on that since you like to pick apart everything I type. Yeah, I'm a real jerk, I try to help people, shame on me. This board use to be a nice place but now it's starting to get filled with the same old stuff that brought down all the other good boards. Tin boxes and bowling pins. Smell ya later, smell ya later forever!!!

Phil,

I know they apply, the same thing just gets said over and over.

I'm just having fun! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

People say they got hit by richocets from bowling pins. I would stay away from them too, if it happened to me.

I think it's just a matter of chance. I have seen stranger things happen.

Norm

See? it's funny how my posts are picked out to comment on.. That's why I was closing this subject Phil.. but Junkyard, if you would read the whole of the threads as you ask people to do of your ads then you would see that it wasn't you who said that .308 would bounce off.. it was Sgt. Fox back on page 2 :

I've also had pins that shrug off .308 like it was airsoft.

Sorry you think I was picking on you , though I was about your attitude, after you call everyone who doesn't agree with you ignorant, and to use common sense.. I tried to speak to you as an adult, and the quotes were there to show what subjects that I was commenting on for clarification.... I see that was a mistake. Hope you don't leave though.. life's too short ....have a beer and settle down.

Hawkeye_Joe,

Don't worry I won't leave. I have to stick around and give you more s..t. Didn't we have fun. 64 Replies and over 830 looks, isn't that great!! Who would have thought that anyone could talk about a bowling pin this much? After this much publicity you should call AMF and have them sponsor your next shoot. I'll come to but only shoot the paper targets with the picture of a pin on them and on the other end of the range with a bullet proof vest on. I am a little sensitive about stray bullets which is why I got so upset. I have been almost shot several times and it's not fun. One time was at a local gun show where a guy (dealer) wanted to see if this 30-06 shell fit in his gun, well it "accidently" went off and put a hole in the wall about 1 foot above my head. The whole place went silent for about 2 seconds and then it went back to business as usual. Another time I was walking in the field behind my house and the neighbor thought he would blindly fire off a couple shots, I heard them wiz past my head. I deal with a lot of different people every day and am slowly losing fath in the intelligents of the population. Too many computers doing the thinking for them. Too many people that have no common sense. Too many people blaming other people for there problems. The discouraging part is that I am not even 30 years old yet and have to watch America get dumber for the rest of my life. I'll get off my soap box now. I'll be back to read and sometimes post. It was fun, gets the blood moving. By the way, the smell ya later comment was from the Simpsons, one of the greatest tv shows in history.

Enough of this crap.

All I want to know is what did you get to shoot at over the weekend??? AND was it fun???

Ken