Ot: The Ultimate Toy

For sale:

Tiger 1 replica built on T 55 chassis.

Proffessionally built for Film/TV/Promotional and reenactor hire.

One of the most photographed and publicised tanks around the world and as seen in action at War and Peace shows and Military Odyssey. It is a faithful reproduction and is an immpressive vehicle on display or on the move.

Built at great expense in approx 1997 for a TV series called 'Sam's Circus', this vehicle is running and driving on T 55 mechanics and has electrical and manual turret traverse and manual gun elevation systems removed from an FV 433 Abbot SPG.

The gun barrel is a replica and there are no weapons (live or deactivated) included in the disposal.

The disposal includes a spares package comprising of T 55 engine, Gearbox, Transfer Box, 2 clutch assemblies, Muff couplings, air compressor, Assorted Abbot electrical control boxes, Turret traverse gearbox and motor, Qty spare track links (rubber bushed track) and assorted T 55 controls and band brakes.

Offers invited in excess of £30,000 GBP plus VAT where applicable

Tiger Tiger Burning bright,

i'd rather have the Sd.Kfz251

Not me. You'd have to trailer a halftrack or a tank, why not have the ultimate toy?

This is as close as you'd get to owning a real one. Those Maybach diesels were never reliable anyway. The only running Tiger I was recently restored to run, and during a running test, cracked the block wide open. It happened all the time back then.

No, this "Tiger" would shut down all those T-34 mockups. I've read about this T-55 mockup in International Military Machines magazine a couple of years ago. They went to a LOT of work to get it right, and it looks much better than the Private Ryan/Bandwagon O' Bruthahs T-34/Tigers they used!

Frankly, I think it'd be worth buying it, to take ti to re-enactments, slap field-expedient US stars on it, and have the crew wearing only US uniforms, saying it was captured and you're the Ordnance Department crew that's taking it back for eval!

Of course, you'd have to run barbed-wire around the thing to keep all the German "Panzer" re-enactors off of it!

Edited by p51

QUOTE (p51 @ Mar 8 2005, 11:25 PM)
i'd rather have the Sd.Kfz251

Not me. You'd have to trailer a halftrack or a tank, why not have the ultimate toy?

those are good pionts, but i'll stick with the half track.

While in the Cavalry we were given a T-55 that that had been captured in the '73 Arab-Israeli War. Aberdeen had finished with it, and it had seen service with the Russians, Czechs, and Syrians in its long history. It got no maintenance from us, but when it stopped smoking, we knew to add oil. It was utterly reliable, very cramped, and took an individual who was both strong and small to drive it. Fire control was primitive. It was much smaller than our M-60s, but would beat a '60 in a drag race every time!

This replica will be much smaller than the Tiger, and can have little in common with it other than the general appearance. Neat toy, though!