Cci Blazer Brass Case Ammo?

Has anybody used the CCI Blazer Brass cased ammo in a TSMG? Natchez and Midway have good deals available on this stuff, but wanted to know what others think of it before ordering. Anyone have any experiences with this stuff? Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

--bigu2fan

willgreenlee@yahoo.com

Do a search...this topic has been covered anumber of times here on the board. The Reader's Digest version of an answer is that the aluminum cased CCI Blazer ammo should be avaoided in open bolt guns. Out-of-battery ignitions, case/head separations, and torn rims seem to be the most common failures of CCI Blazer in open bolt guns.

Bill:

Thanks for your response. Yes, I know the aluminum Blazer stuff is not to be used in open-bolt guns. CCI now is making a brass-cased cartridge called "Blazer Brass." This is the stuff I was talking about. Natchez has it for $180 a case. Do you have any experience with this stuff?

--bigu2fan

If I lived closer I'd drive the truck over and load up about 5000 rounds. Looks like frieght to North Dakota will make me go back to Walmart. I'm going to Fargo next week to judge the Hot Rod and Custom show, so I'll check the big Gander Mountain store for a sale. Last fall they had a real deal on Winchester white pack 9MM. There's a couple big outlets there, and a Cabellas in East Grand Forks, MN where my MA and PA live.

Walmart here (Bismarck) is $9.95 for CCI brass (50) and $19.95 for Winchester white pack (100).

Uncle Dudley

Hell, I wish Walmart were so generous here; Walmart wants $24.00 bucks for a 100 rnd win white box bulk pack.

BB

I just burned a few boxes through the wh27a1/ pk'd 28 conversion (semi) with no problems at all. With the winchester winclean I was blowing primers out in both my M1 and A1 semi. The M1 seems to blow them out more often as it seems to shoot a little hotter. The winclean uses a small pistol primer which is not fully supported by the early wh bolt style. (thats from pk not me). With the full size primers that problem went away.

While I'm taking up board space I have a question. While at the range yesterday it seemed every time I ran a mag (6 rounds) through the colt 1911 combat commander the last round failed to feed correctly with either mag in the gun. The round would either be sticking straight up out of the ejection port or stuck about a 1/4 way into the barrell. Is this a mag problem or is something starting with the gun?

Thanks

M1Brian