I watched the video on barrel removal and replacement. The tools used looked huge for the job they do. What kind of breakaway torque would one expect removing the barrel on a Kahr?

I've removed and replaced the barrel on Garands with homemade tools without a lot of trouble.

Thanks

Paul

Salome, AZ.

Kahr guns have generous locktite applied but the Richardson barrel usually wrench just needs a good grunt to pop a barrel loose.

On the extreme end, I have stuck a receiver in a big bench vice and used a 3 foot pipe to tighten it, and another pipe on the barrel wrench on a couple gi guns.

I recently acquired, finally, a 1927A1. Over the evening and nighttime hours, I reduce it, right out of the box to pieces. Anyway, I have a Farrel barrel vice mounted on my bench I've used for a couple of years. It uses aluminum v blocks top and bottom. I clamped it down right even with the end of the grip mount, 15-inch crescent wrench on the receiver snout and it popped loose surprising easy, at least on this one. I was leery of gripping the barrel that far down, but I really cranked down on the vice nuts, was thinking I would damage the fins, but it didn't leave noticeable marks. What gave me fits was getting the grip mount out of the receiver, it was TIGHT.