Wtb : Original M1 Or M1a1

If you own a mint condition, original finish and parts, Savage or Auto Ordnance WWII production M1A1, and would consider selling, please let me know.

Price is not an issue for a quality gun.

Requirements:

1.) original finish or good enough to fool an expert 2.) all correct parts with matching number lower and upper. 3.) no pitting, rust, corrosion and bright bore without signs of wear.

4.) undamaged wood in excellent condition.

and finally would prefer protected style rear sight, and original stamped M1A1 as oppossed to M1 arsenal rework. In GA if possible for viewing or pls. send a whole lot of pictures.

Thank you!

Tom

770-315-7734

The #2 requirement might be the hardest to find.

1: They stopped putting the numbers on the lowers during the production run of the M1A1

2: Many, read most here, went in for arsenal rebuilds and they didn't care if the uppers and lowers matched or not when they reassembled them.

QUOTE (Hawkeye_Joe @ Mar 18 2005, 04:50 PM)
The #2 requirement might be the hardest to find.

1: They stopped putting the numbers on the lowers during the production run of the M1A1

2: Many, read most here, went in for arsenal rebuilds and they didn't care if the uppers and lowers matched or not when they reassembled them.

Well I'll accept the challenge of finding a gun that meets the requirements and then let my checkbook do the talking if and when I do.

At the very least, I would think some one interested in selling a gun that meets maybe 3 of the 4 requirements would not be to timid to contact me http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Thank you for your input.